Senior Middleware Automation Engineer
Posted on May 28, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is Bonus eligible*
Prestigious Financial Institution is currently seeking a Sr. Middleware Automation Engineer with good Ansible experience. Candidate will be responsible for delivery and administration of Middleware infrastructure, product certifications, engineering reviews, project releases and automate administration tasks.
- Must have technical experience in design, develop, solve, and debug infrastructure software including Java, J2EE, JBoss EAP, WebLogic Server, Oracle SOA, Oracle OSB, Apache, Tomcat
- New Product(s) and version evaluation of Opensource, Cloud native, Middleware products and provide certified baseline for Application environments.
- Resolve hardware compatibility in context of hardware selection.
- Support Environment Build and Delivery as per application requirements.
- Develop solutions that are innovative, thorough, and practical. Product Technical Support:
- Act as main interface between Operations, Infrastructure, Engineering and technical customers.
- Lead and assist team with Middleware upgrades and keep environments running with supported versions.
- Document and provide technical guidelines and standard methodologies to Operations, Integration and Development teams.
- Proficient in problem solving skills, troubleshooting, root cause analysis.
- Provide ongoing sophisticated, high-level enterprise technical support including Non-Business Hour support and On-Call support when expected Continuous Improvement Attitude.
- An eye for ways to automate and Experience with Automate Cloud Migration tasks using required automation tools -Unix Shell-Scripting, Python, Ansible etc.
- Flexibility to work during nonbusiness hours as needed
- Ability to support On Call rotation.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or Information Systems or equivalent field.
- Min 5 years experience and profound knowledge with Middleware Technologies (Apache, WebLogic Server, Oracle SOA, OSB,Tomcat)
- Experience with Messaging (JMS), and High-Availability technology - Real Time troubleshooting of Fail-Over and stand-by issues.
- Implementation experience of Security using SSL, Keystores, SHA2, LDAP etc. Experience with Web Servers and Application Servers.
- Good understanding of Databases - Oracle, Postgres,SQL, MS SQL Server, DB2
- Good understanding of IT Infrastructure and Monitoring tools (Splunk, Nimsoft, Dynatrace, Elastic etc).
- Nice to have: 5-7 years of industry experience with DevOps, Cloud implementation products (Kubernetes, Process Automation Manager, Fuse, SpringBoot, Vertex, Node.js, iNginix, APigee) in Linux/Solaris/Windows platforms.
- End to End Understanding of system-level view of applications infrastructure components to help resolve issues in both Non-Prod and Production environments.
- Superb communication and written skills.