Cloud Solutions Developer - €90-100K + Bonus & Benefits
Posted on May 28, 2022 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Our client is a highly regarded Insurance and Financial Services Multinational with significant experience in the Irish Market. They now have an immediate requirement for a Senior Cloud Solutions Developer.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in working with software development teams, specifically developing Java web services and Spring components, with a track record of high-quality delivery, combined with a keen appetite for all aspects of software engineering. Working closely with the Head of Software Engineering, this role is a Lead role providing direction and leadership to teams, including mentoring others.
This is a permanent role and comes with an unmatched set of benefits which adds considerably to the overall package on offer. Please note that while this role is offered on a hybrid basis with a 1-2 day onsite requirement, there may be an occasional requirement to visit the company's offices at short notice so all prospective candidates must be willing to reside in the republic of Ireland.
Key Responsibilities of role:
Implement best of breed, scalable solutions according to defined patterns and practices
Responsible for porting existing applications to a microservices based architecture
Hands on development activities
Hands on support and upskilling of existing resources, providing patterns for common problems and developing prototypes
Work as part of a Scrum team using Agile practices and adhering to the values and principles
Contribute to/form the strategic directions for the use of concepts, technologies, languages, patterns, APIs, and frameworks
Mentors provides direction, and assist with development plans for other members of the software development team
Essential Candidate Requirements
Experience in leading development of complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers.
Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, Service- oriented architectures (SOA) and relational databases.
7+ years Java programming experience
Highly proficient in Java Full Stack Technologies. Track record of delivering high quality, complex technical solutions
Knowledge and experience of Spring, Spring Boot and Java EE
Unit and Integration testing (Junit and Mocking)
Web services (SOAP and REST)
GIT, Maven, Jenkins or similar
Good knowledge of System Architectures, Software Engineering, and DevOps/Agile practices - experience of Agile Methodologies and operating in agile/scrum-based teams
Strong competencies in Strategic Thinking, Collaboration, Communication, Problem Solving, Working on own Initiative
Excellent problem-solving skills, and ability to craft effective solutions
Excellent team player, collaborative, and
Insurance or financial services industry applications and functionality
Experience developing Broker IT/Broker portal solutions for the Insurance Industry
Core Technical Competencies:
- Containerisation - Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Networkingy& Communication Protocols - DNS, TCPIP, UDP, HTTP HTTPS, SSL, FTP, SCP, SOAP & REST
- Languages Java 8, MS SQL, C#, Powershell & Bash
- Java, - Spring Framework, Spring Boot
- Frontend - Angular or similar
- Webservices - SOAP, REST (with JSON)
- DBs - Sql Server, Oracle, MySQL
- DB ETL - SSIS
- Knowledge of Testing Frameworks & Tooling, BDD, Cucumber, TestNG, JUnit, NUnit, JQuery, Selenium
- Knowledge in security fundamentals: authentication/authorization frameworks (eg, SSO, SAML, OAuth), secure transport (eg, SSL, TLS), identity management (certificates, PKI)
- Testing Frameworks & Tooling: BDD, Cucumber, TestNG, JUnit, NUnit, JQuery, Selenium
- Security fundamentals: authentication/authorization frameworks (eg, SSO, SAML, OAuth), secure transport (eg, SSL, TLS), identity management (certificates, PKI)
IMPORTANT - All applicants must have immediate availability to work in the EU as our client cannot provide any kind of Visa or Work Permit sponsorship at present.
For more information on this role, please contact Níall or sendcurrent CV along with brief cover letter through this site