IT Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on May 28, 2022 by Flint Consulting Limited
Flint is currently looking for a IT Infrastructure Engineer to work with one of the largest telecom providers in the UK.
- Delivers resolutions to problems that tend to be complex, cross-domain or of high impact to customers.
- Provides sound technical expertise to consult on significant component(s) of a technical solution within a specific domain or cross domain.
- Creates and implements technical solutions for a domain or cross domains/portfolios of work within a specific technology area autonomously, understanding how solutions impact systems internally and/or externally and assessing impact of change.
- Provides technical quality assurance over work of other engineers through Matrix team structure.
- Identifies opportunities to improve standards of practice within a project, continuously enhancing ways of working.
Skills & Experience Required
- 5+ years supporting or designing telco grade compute services utilising VMWare, and Windows and/or Linux OS for complete life cycle.
- 5+ years' experience in being the SME for the following:
- Windows Server 2016/2019
- Microsoft SQL
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- 5+ years' experience in being the SME for 3 or more of the following:
- SAN storage
- Backup solutions
- SSL Certificate Generation and Management
- Cisco and HP hardware configuration
- Cisco Hyperflex
- Cisco ACI
- Hands on Public Cloud (ideally Azure or AWS) experience.
- Introduction of automation
Nice to have:
- Hands-on Kubernetes and associated tools and techniques
- Knowledge of DevOps Pipelines
- Knowledge of Five9 Call center cloud applications
- Knowledge of Contact Center Reporting & Analytics