Middleware Software Engineering Associate Principal
Posted on May 27, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious financial services company is on the search for a Middleware Software Engineering Associate Principal. This position is revolved around writing complex automation scrips using automation tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, and Terraform. This individual needs to have experience with Kafka, Artifactory, etc. This person will be on call from 5pm to 7am for 3 months per year.
- Install, configure and maintain 3rd party software components classified as Middleware on multiple operating system platforms.
- Use subject matter expertise with products to advise on design and assist with development of applications using these tools.
- Configure production, development and testing environments and ensure the availability of these application services
- Write complex automation scripts using common automation tools, such as Jenkins, Ansible, and Terraform
- Provide performance tuning of components and services
- Design disaster recovery solutions for Middleware technologies to comply with business continuity objectives
- Resolve configuration related problems
- Resolve complex support issues in both production and non-production environments.
- Assist production support and development staff in debugging Middleware application defects.
- Create procedural and troubleshooting documentation related to Middleware products
- Participate in or lead moderately or high complex projects.
- Properly secure Middleware technologies
- Advise on industry best practices as it relates to new product selection.
- Manage day to day activities of the Middleware staff when called upon to do so.
- Flexibility to be on call from 5 PM to 7 AM for 3 months per year.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area
- 7-10 years of related experience
- Minimum 7 years experience working in a distributed multi-platform environment.
- Minimum 3 years experience supporting disparate technologies
- Systems administration and change management practices
- Message-oriented technologies such as Kafka
- Internet/Web based technologies
- ITLT Best Practices
- Scripting and coding
- Network technologies
- CI/CD tools such as Artifactory, Jenkins, and GIT
- Cloud native applications, including Terraform experience
- Technologies used to support microservices
- Encryption technologies (SSL/TLS, PKI Infrastructure management)
- Security controls as applied to software technologies.