Solutions Architect - Corporate Systems
Posted on May 27, 2022 by Selfridges
This role can be based in London or Leicester.
The Solution Architect is responsible for defining and assuring the solution architecture for the projects / initiatives within it. The role is responsible for high level design, detailed design assurance, and supporting the development and implementation of the solution through all environments to production.
The Solution Architect is responsible for exploring potential solution options and making a clear recommendation by evaluating the fit to business need and enterprise architecture, as well as assessing the feasibility, cost, risk, benefits and the ongoing support implications.
They are also responsible for guiding vendor and product selection where required to ensure a strong fit for both the project need and the longer-term business ambitions.
As Solutions Architect you will:
- Define and maintain the solution architecture
- Work closely with business stakeholders, BAs, POs and wider
- Analyse options
- Review third party designs
- Work with the Enterprise Architect(s) to ensure alignment with IT strategy, principles, enterprise architecture and domain architectures
- Lead the selection of any new vendors,
- Assist with the planning and estimation process
- Ensure the solution is delivered as designed
- Challenge existing thinking
- Ensure all activities are performed at a consistently high standard with minimal risk to Selfridges and that opportunities to improve are identified and actioned
A bit about you
- From an omni-channel retail organisation or a leading Management Consultancy. Covering at least one of the following domains: HR, Payroll, Finance, Modern Workplace, Legal and the broader back office areas.
- Experience of Collaboration tools (i.e.. Microsoft O365 - including Teams and Power Apps), Core HR and Payroll (Workday), Core Finance (Oracle EBS).
- Comfortable with both packaged and bespoke applications
- Able to work with business stakeholders and communicating complex ideas and solution options in a simple and resonant way
- Familiar with modelling tools and techniques
- Experienced with different delivery lifecycles and service delivery methods
- Able to rapidly analyse and understand functions and operation of existing solutions and capabilities of new technologies
- A motivated self-starter, enthusiastic, resilient, personally effective, pro-active with a flexible attitude to work
- Have strong strategic and analytical problem-solving skills, has a keen attention to detail and a good commercial sense;
- Able to build strong relationships and credibility
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Communicate information in a relevant and concise fashion, mindful of and tailored to the audience
- Prioritise work and remain focussed on the most critical tasks, ensuring time and resources are used efficiently and effectively
- Confident, able to make tough decisions and stick to them when questioned
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We're not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World's Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a 'Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020' as awarded by The Sunday Times.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham - alongside and the Selfridges App - continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff?
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges - from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- Up to five paid volunteering days
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development