ServiceNow Data Integration Engineer
Posted on May 27, 2022 by SuisseCo GmbH
Please note that for this role, relocation to Switzerland is required. We can only hire EU-27 citizens or candidates with an existing Swiss working permit/citizenship.
SuisseCo specializes in the international recruitment and placement of highly qualified IT specialists in Switzerland. We support our clients in implementing their IT projects and guarantee quick and flexible solutions of the highest quality.
For one of our clients in the banking industry we are currently looking for a ServiceNow Data Integration Engineer
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months with good possibilities of an extension
Location: Zurich (WFH within Switzerland is possible)
- You have an exciting opportunity to become a part of ServiceNow Data Integration Engineering stream. Your work will include development and maintenance of ServiceNow MidServer infrastructure, executing changes & analysis of incidents and problem tickets. Your role includes deep troubleshooting of complex issues down to code level.
- You get the chance to become part of a specialized and highly motivated ServiceNow team and to build and maintain positive relationships with many different teams such as product owners, internal customers, application owners & vendors in order to identify solutions and drive positive change.
- You drive continuous service improvement initiatives including process optimization, automation via scripts and other innovations.
- You support creation of DevOps tool chain interfaces with ServiceNow (namely ServiceNow Scripting parts)
Essentials Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 4 years of experience on System Engineer role.
- A Graduate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related subject; alternatively an equivalent education in one of these topics
- You can learn on how to work with ServiceNow MidServers and maintain its infrastructure.
- You have experience in handling Databases.
- You act as technical lead for other engineers, provide technical support and guidance.
- You bring experience in designing, deploying, and supporting automated ETL jobs for various Data Source types.
- You can support and maintain data import definitions and transform maps within ServiceNow.
- You possess analytical & logical thinking skills as well as effective communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English. You are a self-starter, one who embraces change quickly and willing to participate in a highly collaborative environment.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Strong understanding of CMDB/CSDM data model in ServiceNow, best practices for Data Integration and ServiceNow ETL framework (eg APIs, import sets, transform maps etc.), MID Server management and server/network connectivity best practices.
- Experience in PERL Scripting.
- Experience with administering Windows Servers.