Behavioral Health Outpatient Therapist - LISW
Posted on May 27, 2022 by Cleveland Clinic
- Utilizes specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills in the areas psychotherapy, clinical counseling, diagnostic interviews, assessments and treatment plans to patients.
- Participates in development and implementation of an appropriate assessment based interdisciplinary treatment plan.
- Consults with team managers, statutory and voluntary agencies and patient relative to ensure compliance with patient treatment plan.
- Completes comprehensive psychosocial assessment, participates in interdisciplinary rounds.
- Provides individual, group, family and crisis counseling.
- Acts as a liaison with patients, families, community support workers and facilities to obtain information and facilitate discharge planning.
- Provides education and resources for patients and family members.
- Supervises and/or trains lower level social workers, students or interns. Processes paperwork, telephone calls and completes clinical documentation.
- Participates in continuing professional education, departmental meetings and teaching.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field.
- Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW), or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC), or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or Licensed Social Worker (LSW); no record of substantiated ethics or patient abuse reports.
- LISW highly preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- A minimum of three years' experience in a behavioral health setting is required with comprehensive knowledge of current psychotherapeutic techniques, theories, and practices sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and counsel patients.
- The ability to concisely document clinical findings and patient needs in an electronic medical record while navigating a multi-specialized behavioral health environment and the ability to communicate across different electronic platforms and across a broad geographic provide base is essential.
- A high degree of manual dexterity to produce materials on PC; normal or corrected vision; extensive sitting and frequent walking; occasional lifting or carrying up to 25 pounds.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
Keywords: Licensed Independent Social Worker, LISW, Licensed Independent Social Worker with Supervision, LISW-S, ACE, SDOH, STAMP, Therapist, Academic Social Worker, Psych, outpatient, adult psychUtilizes specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills in the areas psychotherapy, clinical counseling, diagnostic interviews, assessments and treatment plans to patients ranging in age from 18 to late adulthood. Provides therapy sessions for individuals, groups, or family-oriented basis. Utilizes a clinical focus across the mental health spectrum from anxiety and depression to bi-polar and schizophrenia. Patient Navigator for Internal Medicine.