Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer (Java) - Remote/Eindhoven
Posted on May 27, 2022 by Consol Partners
Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer (Java)
Initial contract till end of 2022 + extensions
Remote Working/Eindhoven, Netherlands (at least 1 day onsite per week)
At our client
You'll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow's mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens, and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you'll do
- As part of our DevOps oriented product team, you will work on solving the challenges related to map delivery for autonomous vehicles.
- These challenges include scalability, security, and maintainability in a safety critical context.
- With your experience, you'll help to move the team forward in developing the technology of the future of mobility.
- Design, implement, and maintain cloud solutions;
- Understand and contribute to software architecture, including the operational aspects;
- Review another developer's code according to the team's standards;
- Design, implement, and deploy infrastructure as code for public cloud platforms (Azure/AWS);
- Understand and contribute to requirements;
- Contribute to software development capability improvement;
- Broaden own understanding of programming, development practices, and business context;
- Work in an agile team developing products for safety-critical applications;
- Be a problem solver, not just a software engineer.
What you'll need
- Proven experience with a track record of delivering high-quality code, preferably in a JVM programming language.
- Experience in public cloud platforms (Azure, AWS);
- Experience in CI/CD (Azure DevOps, Jenkins) and tooling;
- Experience in Infrastructure as Code (ARM, CloudFormation, Terraform);
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or similar container orchestration;
- You see automation, containerization, observability, and cloud as standard elements of your daily work;
- Be a team player.
Nice to have
- Experience with developing Microservices;
- Experience with Spring Boot, Maven
- Experience in Python;
Is Autonomous Driving (AD). Part of our client's Location Technology Products technical unit, the AD product unit develops, delivers and maintains products for advanced driver-assistance systems and automated driving - with our HD Map at the core of their work. Every day, the team welcomes new challenges, does world-class R&D and applies it using the latest machine learning and computer vision techniques. Joining this team, you'll not only play a part in making autonomous driving a reality, you'll transform the way people commute while boosting safety and comfort for everyone on the road.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we're guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create - it's how we make a difference; we are confident, but don't boast; we keep it simple because life is complex enough; and we have fun because life's too short to be boring.