Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Olsson
We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us - and will continue to allow us - to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
Olsson provides multidisciplinary design services for mixed-use, commercial, and residential land development projects, along with industrial, sports, schools, and other site development types. As a Civil Engineer, you will perform engineering and project management duties, process design calculations, and meet client needs from conception to completion on projects. You will have the opportunity to instruct designers/drafters and mentor less experienced staff members, as well as travel to meetings, site visits, and inspections. You will coordinate projects with other Olsson teams and build strong client relationships. This role provides a leadership opportunity in our West Des Moines office to grow a subdivision design team for residential and commercial projects.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
You bring to the team:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- Degree in civil engineering
- 3-8 years of residential and commercial design experience
- EI certificate required, (PE preferred)
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience
- Desire to build and lead a residential/commercial subdivision design team
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we're here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you'll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you'll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements
Affinity Executive Search
Muscogee (CREEK) Nation
Arlington County (Virginia) Government