Network Design Specialist
Posted on May 27, 2022 by Flint Consulting Limited
Flint is currently looking for a Network Design Specialist to work with one of the largest telecom providers in the UK.
Skills required for the job
- In depth knowledge of Mobile networks particularly 4G & Public Safety functionality over LTE with particularly deep understanding of design and operation.
- Excellent understanding of how defined RAN KPIs link to Customer Experience.
- In depth knowledge of LTE & SIP signalling, PTT (push to talk), SRTP/DTLS troubleshooting & Optimisation.
- Excellent understanding of Nokia RAN.
- Good understanding of 3GPP & ETSI specifications.
- Good understanding of DTLS/SRTP protocols.
Story-telling with data:
- strong skills in building the case for change, drawing on data and analytical techniques where appropriate, and communicating this to technical & business audiences.
- Ability to convert highly technical concepts into simple to understand language.
- proactive approach to network design, ability to see beyond the current network and foresee what will be required to deliver networks of the future.
- Maintain high level of domain expertise, keeping abreast of the developments within the telecoms market, to ensure continued delivery to time, cost and quality in the face of both internal and external change
- Extensive experience in mobile telecommunications industry in the role of a lead designer with business-critical, high-availability/high-throughput systems and networks.
- Able to provide technical solutions, processes definition for network performance & optimisation of 4G based RAN Macro network.
- Proven experience in defining and understanding KPI definitions, formula and measurements of radio networks
- Able to analyse in depth, drive test logs, wireshark traces and protocol analysers traces for 4G networks
- Good Knowledge of LTE parameters & timers.
- Familiarity with test software & devices (Nemo/TEMs/Accuver) & post processing tools (Actix).
- Experience of working with 3rd parties network/IT Suppliers.
- Experience of Nokia RAN.
- Knowledge of multiple vendor products including Huawei, Ericsson and Parallel Wireless.
- Knowledge of industry best practice methodologies for analysing, defining and documenting the link between input business requirements and output technical solutions.
- Understanding of project management techniques and tools.
- Experience of managing relationships with suppliers and third-parties, of product/feature selection and of delivering those products into a production environment.
- Experience of working with LTE Commercial network based Public Safety solutions.