Cyber Security Ops Engineer - Proofpoint
Posted on May 26, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
*All Employees must be Covid-19 Vaccinated.*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Cyber Security Ops Engineer - Proofpoint. This company needs a Proofpoint expert who has several years of configuration, implementation, cloud configuration, and Proofpoint cloud experience. Also has experience in windows/Unix/Linux, networking, administration skills, etc.
- Design, build, administer and manage cyber security controls for the enterprise. (eg IDS/IPS, EDR, DLP, WAF, UBA, ProofPoint)
- Act as the subject matter expert for one or more of the following areas - Proofpoint, network security, endpoint security, database security, security testing and assurance, or communication security.
- Apply ITIL or other technology management practices to an enterprise cyber security platform.
- Serve as a cybersecurity subject matter expert, assessing the business impact of cybersecurity risks to the enterprise and identifying options and recommendations for mitigating those risks.
- Serve as an expert in one or more areas of platform, application, storage, network, virtualization, cloud, or mobile security best practices
- Strong system administration skills. (eg Windows, Linux)
- Proofpoint Expert
- Proofpoint Cloud Security
- Strong network administration skills (eg Routers, Switches, Firewalls)
- Knowledge of network traffic analysis (tools, methodologies, processes).
- Skill in system, network, and OS hardening techniques. (eg, remove unnecessary services, password policies, network segmentation, enable logging, least privilege, etc.).
- Knowledge of OSI model and network protocols such as TCP/IP, Dynamic Host Configuration, Domain Name System (DNS), and directory services.
- Scripting, coding, and automation skills. (eg python, power Shell, bash Scripting)
- Knowledge of cloud architecture (eg containers, orchestration, service mesh)
- Knowledge of contemporary security theory and application (including vulnerabilities, exploitation techniques and attack vectors).
- Equivalent work experience, or Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Assurance, or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of combined hands-on IT implementation work experience with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments. Requires knowledge of security principles, issues, techniques and implications across major computer platforms