Posted on May 26, 2022 by Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH 44195
- Utilizes specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills in the areas psychotherapy, clinical counseling, diagnostic interviews, assessments and treatment plans to patients.
- Participates in development and implementation of an appropriate assessment based interdisciplinary treatment plan.
- Consults with team managers, statutory and voluntary agencies and patient relative to ensure compliance with patient treatment plan.
- Completes comprehensive psychosocial assessment, participates in interdisciplinary rounds.
- Provides individual, group, family and crisis counseling.
- Acts as a liaison with patients, families, community support workers and facilities to obtain information and facilitate discharge planning.
- Provides education and resources for patients and family members.
- Supervises and/or trains lower level social workers, students or interns. Processes paperwork, telephone calls and completes clinical documentation.
- Participates in continuing professional education, departmental meetings and teaching.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field.
- Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW), or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC), or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or Licensed Social Worker (LSW); no record of substantiated ethics or patient abuse reports.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- A minimum of three years' experience in a behavioral health setting is required with comprehensive knowledge of current psychotherapeutic techniques, theories, and practices sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and counsel patients.
- The ability to concisely document clinical findings and patient needs in an electronic medical record while navigating a multi-specialized behavioral health environment and the ability to communicate across different electronic platforms and across a broad geographic provide base is essential.
- A high degree of manual dexterity to produce materials on PC; normal or corrected vision; extensive sitting and frequent walking; occasional lifting or carrying up to 25 pounds.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
LISW or LISW-S strongly preferred. Must be able to bill independently.