Intake Assessment Counselor
Posted on May 26, 2022 by Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH 44113
- Responds to Intake office callers with sense of urgency and care.
- Responds to crisis situations by conducting phone or face to face assessment, completes risk assessment and facilitates the appropriate disposition.
- Provides intake, assessment, crisis intervention, consultation, case management, and referrals functions.
- Performs clinical and diagnostic assessments for child, adolescent, adult, geriatric and chemically dependent patients/clients.
- Documents clinical information supporting level of care and process of the workflow.
- Documents the verification and pre-certification of insurance benefits if indicated.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with external physicians and other hospital personnel, mental health, chemical dependency, community providers, patients and family members to facilitate admissions or other clinical dispositions.
- Organizes, accesses and utilizes community resources to determine appropriate disposition for patients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA, BS, MS or MA in a healthcare profession or an RN License.
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW), Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC), Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor III (LCDC - III), or Registered Nurse (RN).
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate actions in volatile situations.
- Minimum one year experience in clinical setting.
- A one year internship in a clinical setting may be considered.
- Two years work experience preferred.
- Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: active or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.