Posted on May 26, 2022 by Flint Consulting Limited
Flint is currently looking for a Network Engineer for a long-term contract with one of our clients based in Italy.
Start date: July 2022
Duration: 3 months +extension
Languages: Italian & English
Location: Rome, Italy (full-time onsite).
Who You Are
- Typically requires university degree equivalent along with 6+ years of experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment or equivalent experience.
- Any Data Center related certification (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE etc.) or equivalent training/hands on
- Knowledge of vertical markets and understanding customer challenges
- Able to demonstrate experience working with large, sophisticated projects and strategic account teams.
- Nexus 5K/7K/9K platforms product architecture
- Data Center, Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google) and Virtualization industry, products and protocols
- vPC, fabricpath, STP
- Data Center Layer 2 overlays for example VXLAN, EVPN
- Layer 2 security features for example port security, MACsec, ACL, private VLANs
- Layer 3 Overlay Protocols (OTV, LISP)
- Network management protocols for example PTP, NTP, DNS, DHCP
- Expert level knowledge in the areas of IP internetworking, LAN Switching Protocols (MLS, CEF, Trunking (802.1Q), STP, HSRP, LACP/PAGP), IP Routing protocols(IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP) (CCIE R&S preferred)
- Good level knowledge & working experience on Cisco's Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
- Experience in Scripting languages (PS, Python, JS, Shell) is a plus
- Hands on Experience with technologies like NAE, DCNM and Hyperflex is a plus.