Posted on May 26, 2022 by Pro Contract Direct
The Audit Senior position within the firm represents an excellent opportunity for career progression.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
• ACA, or ACCA qualified
• Ideally a 2.1 degree
• Demonstrable experience in an audit position within an accountancy practice providing client services whilst ensuring adherence to individual job budgets and maximum fee recovery
• Technically proficient with experience in leading audits
• Working experience of Sage accounting suite of accounting software including SAPA, Sage Corporation Tax, and Sage Personal Tax
You'll be ACCA or ACA qualified and ideally have a 2:1 degree and a minimum of three years of accountancy practice experience working in an audit role.
The role will predominantly focus on leading and delivering statutory and specialist audit services to a broad portfolio of clients with an 80% audit and 20% non-audit split.
As an Audit Senior, you will have regular contact with clients, often visiting client sites to conduct audit activities. You'll need excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with clients quickly, always aiming to deliver customer service excellence.
With complete responsibility for planning and completing audits, you'll need to be technically strong with close attention to detail and have a can-do attitude to problem-solving; you'll also be a self-starter who is motivated to see projects through to completion promptly within the budgeted time scale.
As a team player, you'll bring out the best in others and confidently communicate both challenges and opportunities to clients and colleagues.
• Reporting to the Audit Partner, the role will primarily focus on leading and delivering statutory and specialist audit services with an 80% audit /20% non-audit split.
• Prepare statutory accounts for some audit clients.
• Prepare corporation tax returns and directors' [personal tax returns for some audit clients.
• Provide accountancy and advisory services to support the wider team.
• Design and lead audits from planning through to completion, liaising with the team and client where necessary.
• Conduct or support pre-audit and post-audit meetings with clients.
• Using accounting software, prepare and finalise audit files in readiness for review.
• Monitor and control job budgets ensuring that audits are completed on time and within budget.
• Review junior colleagues' work and encourage prompt and high-quality delivery and service.
• Contribute to the firm's growth by retaining existing clients and building relationships with prospective clients.