Azure Cloud Platform Architect
Posted on May 25, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for an Azure Cloud Architect II. This role is revolved around Azure/O365 cloud infrastructure architecture. Any experience with other cloud providers like AWS or GCP is a plus. They need someone who has experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) and automation skills with PowerShell, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet. This role can be FULLY REMOTE.
- The Cloud Architect establishes and leads the technology strategy and technology roadmaps that enable the business. They maintain enterprise level architecture through the stages of planning, design and execution of all new platform buildouts that support our application strategies.
- Lead, develop, and socialize the design, development, and deployment of solutions for cloud migration, application migration, and cloud data security.
- Ensure cloud solutions/deployments are in line with the enterprise architecture strategies and standards across business, data, application, infrastructure, network, and security spaces.
- Review existing architectures to identify technical deficiencies, design gaps, new opportunities, and create actionable recommendation for cloud migration and enhancements.
- Listening, drawing out key concepts and articulating advanced technical and non-technical concepts with ease (both written and oral formats) to customers, peers and management at several levels and across the organization with minimal oversight.
- BS in Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years general technology experience, Law firm experience a plus
- 3+ years high level cloud infrastructure design
- Extensive In-Depth knowledge in public, private, and multi-cloud/hybrid environments (Azure, AWS, GCP) and migrating on-premise application and services to those platforms.
- Experience with containerization solutions and orchestration platforms, both on-premise and cloud based. Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Strong knowledge of templating and automation Scripting such as Power-Shell, Chef, Ansible, and Puppet
- Strong working knowledge of LAN/WAN/SDWAN concepts as they relate to hybrid environments
- Experience with building and maintaining high-availability (>99%) environments
- Strong understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux server technologies
- Technical certifications (eg, Microsoft MCSA/MCSE; Azure Solutions Architect.) a plus.