Senior Python Developer moving to a Lead
Posted on May 25, 2022 by Set2Recruit
Senior Python Developer (Fully Remote)
£80,000 - £95,000
Our client is an ambitious new technology company developing data-tools and software solutions to optimise city systems, whilst being one of the leading Energy/Sustainability Research & Consultancy groups in the UK, leading innovation in this space.
Our client is looking for a passionate remote Senior Python Developer to mentor, lead and direct the technical and exciting new projects across the team and working with the team and research group to improve code, review and lead technical direction and report into the CTO.
- Supporting the CTO with portfolio of projects
- Passion for Python development and leading new and innovation in this space
- Able to mentor and support engineers.
- Working for an ethical ambitious, young technology company created to optimise complex urban systems.
- Instigating and leading agile practices - regular sprints/retrospectives/planning/prioritisation
- Reviewing code and mentoring other developers
- Minimum 2:1 in a relevant Computer Science/technical degree STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths)
- Professional experience with Back End tech (3-8 years)
- Proven experience building commercial web applications and database design
- Experience with spatial tools such as Postgres, PostGIS and QGIS
- Data science packages/libraries used - certainly numpy, scipy and matplotlib & pandas, possibly, but certainly not necessarily, scikit-learn, pytorch, tensorflow
- A proactive problem solver and highly logical and analytic - but also creative and inventive
- API frameworks used - flask, with some understanding of the differences between all-encompassing django vs light tough "micro"frameworks like fastapi and flask
- Excellent skills and understanding of Server Side technologies and how to leverage them to create inspirational and usable visual interfaces
- Knowledge of the value of well-written documentation, continuous integration, and security rules
- Eager to work in a fast-paced start-up environment and a desire to disrupt logistics
If you're looking for a leadership role while working collaboratively across the full stack, with team members across the country, as well as data scientists and energy & transport consultants, then apply now for a more detailed and confidential discussion about the role.
They are on a mission to help cities transform from their current state to an efficient, optimised, low carbon system, delivering savings and benefits to both clients and citizens. Their projects include key specialisms in decarbonisation strategies, sustainable transport, energy modelling, data management, data analytics, software development, and clean technology innovation
- Fully Remote role - with regular Company Events
- Small drop in Offices in Exeter & London
Great innovation and chance to drive new ideas and code quality