Energy and Carbon Manager
Posted on May 25, 2022 by GDST
Energy and Carbon Manager
Trust Office - London, Victoria
Contract term: Permanent
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £50,000 per annum inclusive of £894 per annum Lunch Allowance
If you are passionate about sustainability and delivering change to drive sustainable development in organisations, this position offers an exciting opportunity to play a key role shaping the Girls' Day School Trust (GDST) sustainability strategy.
The GDST is the UK's leading family of girls' schools. Our commitment to environmental sustainability is rooted in our mission to deliver sustainable and innovative spaces for our students to learn and lead lives without limits. We have robust environmental sustainability targets and to help us on this journey a strategy has been crafted around selected UN sustainable development goals.
As Energy and Carbon Manager, you will act as the lead technical expert for all energy management and estate decarbonisation related issues across the Trust's portfolio, propelling sustainability initiatives and shaping, evolving, and future proofing the strategy, as we move closer to a Net Zero target.
You will report to and work closely with the Head of Infrastructure and Sustainability to help design and deliver decarbonisation initiatives across the GDST estate and offer technical expertise, analysis, oversight, and support across several ongoing projects.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Energy management, targeted at reducing energy consumption and improving the efficiency of the GDST estate. This will include both data analysis and hands-on involvement in energy efficiency projects inception and delivery
• Supporting schools with shaping and delivering individual energy action plans
• Taking a lead role in monitoring and maintaining the GDST's meter portfolio
• Taking a lead role in the delivery of energy and carbon compliance obligations
• Supporting the Head of Infrastructure and Sustainability with the development, update, and delivery of the estate decarbonisation plan
• Supporting Estate Managers and Project Managers by providing advice on sustainability and energy considerations throughout the full project life cycle
• Supporting the delivery of programmes aimed at the decarbonisation of the estate, including heating retrofits, LED light replacements and PV installations
To be considered for this role, you will need considerable experience in an energy, carbon management, or sustainability management role, with a focus on buildings sustainability. You will also need an excellent understanding of energy efficiency and decarbonisation opportunities and requirements for buildings and estate investments.
The ability to translate complex technical information is essential, as is an understanding of the landscape for sustainability and experience in energy analysis, profiling and audits.
If you are passionate and resilient about delivering the changes necessary to drive sustainable development, we will be delighted to hear from you.
In return, we offer a great working environment and a very rewarding benefits package, which includes:
• Competitive salaries and pay progression
• Access to extensive professional development opportunities
• Training grants for qualifications
• Generous pension scheme
• Free life assurance benefit
• A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
• Childcare vouchers, interest-free loans for travel season ticket
• A Cycle to Work scheme
• Competitive terms and conditions of employment
• 30 day years leave (plus statutory holidays)
Please send a CV and covering letter for the attention of Sarra Pardali to recruitment(at)wes.gdst.net
Please do not apply online.
For a discussion about the role, please contact Sarra Pardali at s.pardali(at)wes.gdst.net
Closing date: Monday 13th June 2022 at 10am.
First stage interviews scheduled week commencing 20th June 2022.
Second stage interviews scheduled week commencing 27th June 2022.
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
The GDST are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS