Posted on May 25, 2022 by South Staffs Water (Incorporating Cambridge Water Company)
Salary: circa. £30,000 p.a. plus shift allowance
Hours: 37 Hours
Location: Seedy Mill, Lichfield
At South Staffs Water we deliver clean and reliable water supplies to around 1.5 million customers within the South Staffs and Cambridge regions. To achieve this it is essential that we monitor the continuous operation of our treatment works and pumping stations 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Shift Controller, responsible for monitoring, operating and accurately responding to the SCADA telemetry system and to security alarms, CCTV and intruder systems and initiate response plans.
Other Key responsibilities include:
• Reviewing parameters that may affect demand or supply and record, maintain and transfer operational information as required.
• Remotely adjusting pumping plant, reporting faults and alarms as well as liaising closely with internal departments and Duty Officers.
• Monitor, control, record and report all appropriate procedures.
• Assist with investigations and produce reports relating to the plant.
• Complete and return documentation relating to monthly reports including attendance logs, training records and goods receipts for all chemicals.
• Manage health and safety on the site and lone worker processes.
• Operate the Treatment Works as a reporting hub for the Production Unit.
• Control all site access by staff and visitors.
• Monitor and respond to security alarms from all Production sites.
The successful candidate will hold a Competent Operator qualification and hold an EUSR Water Hygiene Card and a HNC (or equivalent) in Mechanical / Electrical / Water Operations and IOSH Working Safely. It is preferable that you possess engineering knowledge and/or experience of water purification processes or within a similar control center environment, however full training will be provided for the right candidate. A strong commitment to high standards of Health and Safety is a must.
Using your excellent inter-personal skills, you will effectively interact with internal departments and key stakeholders to resolve water treatment issues. You will be numerate, literate and possess excellent oral and written communication skills. IT competency is essential, and you will need to have the ability to work on your own initiative and take immediate and decisive action when necessary.
You will be required to work rotating shifts in line with a shift rota that includes nights and weekends, as well as additional shifts to cover for colleagues over periods of absence. This role will involve lone working albeit with strong protective systems in place.
As an employee of South Staffs Water you will have access to a range of benefits. For further details, please visit the Careers section of our website .
To apply please forward your CV to: WaterHR(at)south-staffs-water.co.uk
Closing Date: 12th June 2022
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS