2nd Line Support Engineer
Posted on May 25, 2022 by Access Group
You are a dynamic individual who can manage their own workload, understands customer communication and delivering a quality service for our user base. Has good inter-personal skills. Is well organised and practical, with a logical, analytical approach to problem solving. Pays careful, close attention to detail. Is skilled in installing one or more items of hardware and software.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Provide out of hours, on-call support, normally 1 week in four or five
- Occasionally work unsociable hours (evening/night, weekends, bank holidays)
- Work effectively with teams in other geographic areas, particularly UK etc.
- Help direct and educate/build skills in less experienced staff
- Be flexible
- Complete any other duties as assigned by an authorised supervisor
- Providing technical support and resolving issues on the phone with the clients where possible.
- Provide regular communication to customers concerning the status of incidents.
- Maintain ownership of incidents ensuring status updates and resolution according to KPI's.
- Proactively manage all individual and team assigned incidents and new requests.
- Monitoring and progressing incidents and requests received through all contact channels.
- Working with supplier support contacts to resolve complex technical issues.
- Troubleshooting operating System, Hardware & Application issues on any desktop device.
- Resolving technical issues, updating Status/Workaround/Resolution within our Service Desk system.
- Acting as a technical escalation point for Technical Support Analysts to progress tickets throughout their life cycle.
As a well-rounded Infrastructure Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Five years of PC technology experience, including Windows OS and MS Office (W7 or newer)
- Five or more years of demonstrated experience supporting, maintaining and configuring distributed environment of Desktop Devices
- Strong networking knowledge and experience (LAN & WAN)
- Experience with DSL Techologies (FTTC, ADSL)
- Experience configuring & maintaining network devices (Routers, Firewalls & Switches)
- Experience of working to an ITIL Framework
- Experience of Mobile Devices and Technologies
- Experience of supporting and maintaining Windows Server Environments (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS)
- Experience of supporting Citrix Environments and deployments
- Experience of working with Office 365 Environments
- HyperVisor Knowledge (VMware)