Patching Lead Engineer
Posted on May 25, 2022 by Access Group
You are a dynamic individual who can manage their own workload, understands customer communication and delivering a quality service for our user base. Has good inter-personal skills. Is well organised and practical, with a logical, analytical approach to problem solving. Pays careful, close attention to detail. Is skilled in installing one or more items of hardware and software.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Responsible for ensuring The Access Groups Server estate is kept up to date with latest security patching
• Knowledge of Patching tools for Windows/Linux (VSA/Labtech would be beneficial)
• Providing Management Information Reports
• Maintain multiple Operating Systems including Windows and Linux
• Perform Upgrades where applicable
• Work on assigned Service Requests and Incidents within the documented SLA's
• Work within an ITIL framework to reduce customer impacting Incidents
• Review workload to drive efficiency, move processes and technology towards automation and self-service
• Management of other Team members
As a well-rounded Infrastructure Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• Managing an enterprise sized VMWare estate
• Experience of Active Directory management
• Capability to produce/amend scripts
• Must be self-motivated and passionate about service delivery to a high standard.
• Ability to learn new and varied skills within the Access Group support environment.
• Ability to coach other members of staff and impart knowledge in an effective manner
• Ability to work well under pressure and within given timescales.
• To work within a team environment.
• Be able to work outside core working hours when required to apply important updates
• Be on call in rotation to handle in priority 1 incidents if they occur