IT Solution Architect - Application Transformation
Posted on May 25, 2022 by CACI Network Services
IT Solution Architect - Application Transformation
Summary of Role:
The solutions architect supports EA activities that guide the development and management of a portfolio of solutions. Solutions include projects, products, systems (including applications, technologies, processes, and information), shared infrastructure services and shared application services.
The solutions architect provides the necessary analysis and design tasks related to support the development of application solutions to ensure that solutions meet business needs and align with architectural governance and standards.
The Solutions Architect will demonstrate competencies across three key areas:
Solutions Design and Analysis
- Ability to create high-level and low-level architectural designs to guide solution development across products, services, projects, and systems (including applications, technologies, processes, and information).
- Attends required governance forums associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance.
- Adheres to the principles, guidelines, standards, and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
- Contributes to the creation of new standards and patterns.
- Works closely with the programme management office (PMO) or project management office to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised throughout the project or product life cycle.
- Works closely with the product owners and product managers to ensure a robust architectural runway that can support future business requirements throughout the product life cycle.
Solutions Delivery Facilitates and Collaborates to Deliver Business Outcomes
- Ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences and understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
- Ability to work creatively and analytically to solve business problems and propose solutions
- Technology neutral: remains unbiased toward any specific technology or vendor choice, and is more interested in results than personal preferences
- Displays intellectual curiosity and integrity
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes, whilst also understanding the need for tactical options.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
- Excellent planning, organisational, analytical, and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of five years of experience across application architecture or application solution design
- Understanding of technology, network, service, and security architecture
- Understanding and knowledge of IT service management (ITSM) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Knowledge and understanding of different modelling languages (such as UML and ArchiMate)
- Designing and implementing COTS application solutions on Microsoft technology platforms
- Knowledge and experience of migrating complex interoperable applications/services
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms, and processing environments
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Experience working in a relevant industry is helpful, but not required
- Experience of working in an application transformation/migration programme
- Experience in designing solutions in the M365 platform
About (Client) UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. (Client) UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country (Client) UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, (Client) continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
(Client) UK is a landed company, part of the (Client) Technologies organisation and sits within the (Client) Intelligence & Space business
About (Client) Technologies
(Client) Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses - Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, (Client) Intelligence & Space and (Client) Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of (Client) Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Diversity is a core business imperative at (Client). We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows (Client) to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
(Client) UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including (Client) Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), (Client) Reservist Network (RaRe), (Client) Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all (Client) employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, (Client) UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
(Client) UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant Gold Award' Employee Recognition.
(Client) UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.