Sensor Development Engineer (f/m/d)
Posted on May 25, 2022 by ITech Consult
Sensor Development Engineer (f/m/d) - biological samples/Matlab/Python/English
For our pharma client in Basel we are looking for a highly motivated and qualified Sensor Development Engineer (f/m/d).
The Department Sensor and Reagent Development BGE (DSRPB) is looking for a team-oriented, inquisitive and self-reliant person for our BGE (Blood Gas & Electrolytes) Sensor Development Team. The Team BGE Sensors & Electrodes develops, characterizes and optimizes different electrochemical sensors for medical devices in the area of IVD diagnostics. In particular, they are interested in the parameters of gasses (O2 & CO2), electrolytes (pH, Na+, K+, Ca2+ & Cl-) and metabolites (Glucose & Lactate) in whole blood. To be able to deliver the desired instruments for hospitals and testing laboratories, the team utilizes electrochemical, optical and enzymatic measuring principles. They develop these methods for the analysis of whole blood by understanding the theoretical bases and use this to develop new sensors. Furthermore, the team supports the series production with technical expertise and address any issues with our existing
- Address product care topics arising in our in-house Sensor Production such as production issues (deviations, root cause & risk analysis) and product care topics (customer complaint investigations, material and design changes).
- Implement changes based on fundamental principles, experimental data and simulation models and help bring those changes into new and existing products
- Plan, execute, evaluate results and document your work independently within the framework of development, product care and operations support
- Test and analyze the sensor design in the lab with various characterization methods (eg SEM, IR, HPLC, electrochemical analysis methods, etc.), work independently in a multidisciplinary team by planning the projects/work packages, conducting investigations and generating the required data and documentation.
- Take responsibility for equipment and develop new tools, methods and processes to evaluate our sensors.
- Support the team with your scientific expertise and practical knowledge to understand and solve various technical questions that arise in development and in production of our complex electrochemical sensors and electrodes.
- Interact across the business with quality, operation, V&V and business to support and coordinate design and material changes
- Depending on project needs and product care situation: Support sensor development activities in new development projects
- Higher technical education (bachelor or master from FH/University/ETH) in chemistry/physics/material science/(electrical) engineering
- First experience with and understanding of materials (glasses, metals, polymers, and other chemicals) and their interactions with sensors and biological samples
- Interested and dedicated to study, test and improve electrochemical/optical (bio)sensors and learn to understand their behavior and their associated material properties
- A deeper understanding of glass science and the properties of glasses and glass formulations.
- First experience in different electrochemical methods (potentiometry, impedance spectroscopy, etc) is of advantage as well as broader physical and chemical analysis and are motivated to use and improve these skills in the laboratory
- First experience to work in a highly regulated environment.
- First experience in working in and contributing to multidisciplinary development from very varied fields with diverse backgrounds
- First experience with the development of new characterization methods and implement them in test methods, setups or tools and are able to acquire, process and analyse data with appropriate tools (Matlab, Excel, MiniTab, R, Python)
- Ability to document the results at a high technical level: actively report data, results, ideas and achievements
- Open, flexible, team-oriented and take ownership.
- First working experience in producing industry is of advantage
- Fluent in English, German is of advantage.
Reference No.: 921547SKN
Role: Sensor Development Engineer
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.