Risk Consultant - Climate Change
Posted on May 25, 2022 by Jumar Solutions Ltd
Risk Consultant - Climate Change - Hybrid working
We have a superb career opportunity for an accomplished UK based experienced Risk Consultant to focus specifically on delivering my clients climate change strategy and objectives, improving their ability to respond to risks from climate change and supporting the delivery of our Net Zero Roadmap. The successful candidate will play a critical role in delivering the strategy.
The Risk team work right across my client business to influence business strategy and objectives by supporting the business in making informed, risk-based decisions and interpreting a full range of regulatory and legislative expectations.
The successful candidate will be part of a small team developing and implementing all aspects of the climate change strategy.
- Working closely with internal stakeholders from all areas of the business to ensure the Group is aware of legislative and regulatory expectations in relation to climate change (and broader Environmental topics).
- Challenging, supporting and advising the business on risks arising from climate change, loss events and near misses, enabling them to identify, own and manage relevant risks, with mitigation strategies in line with Group risk appetites, policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring my clients climate related public disclosures comply with regulatory expectations and align to industry best practice, and will enhance existing climate change reporting and MI, including reporting this to risk governance committees when required. You will also define and deliver climate training/CPD for all employees
- Significant experience within a similar risk and controls role and can showcase this.
- Ideally have worked in a similar climate change related role and have a solid understanding of this area.
- Strong communication skills and can build and develop key business relationships and are a confident presenter.
- Excellent team player: you have a collaborative approach and superb interpersonal skills. The ability to read, interpret and communicate complex climate documentation to key stakeholders so that they can understand what's required.
Our client offer's a great place to work - and when you join, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits including:
- A competitive salary - please enquire
- Up to 17.5% annual bonus - achievable and paid out
- Contributory pension scheme (maximum of 12% company contribution)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (additional holiday purchase scheme)
- Employee discounts
- Gym subsidy
- Health and wellbeing plan
- Discounted Insurance on all policies
- Study support
Candidates must be UK based and have the right to work in the UK without any restrictions.
If you interested in being considered, please contact Tracy Malcolm ASAP for more information or an informal conversation.