Senior MongoDB Database Admin
Posted on May 24, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
*All Employees must be Covid-19 Vaccinated.*
A prestigious fortune 500 company is on the search for a Sr. MongoDB Database Admin. They are looking for someone with 10+ years of database administration experience. This person needs strong hands on experience with provisioning, backup/recovery, replication, deployment and Real Time production troubleshooting of MongoDB. This admin needs to have hands on automation experience with Python, YAML, or Unix Shell Scripting.
- Provide DBA support on all aspects of databases administration including provisioning, backup/recovery, replication, deployment and Real Time production troubleshooting responsibilities on MongoDB and PostgreSQL platforms.
- Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and maintain database in production and non-production environments
- Provide 24x7 on call DBA support for production environment on rotation schedule and on adhoc need basis
- Provide Database deployment support for Test and Production environments
- Diagnose and address database performance issues using performance monitors and various tuning techniques
- Interact with Systems administrators on Linix/Unix/VM operating systems issues related to Databases
- Able to write database provisioning, maintenance and reporting automation scripts
- Configure and maintain Database High availability
- Support data replication
- More than 10 years of experience in Database administration
- Solid hands on experience with Database technologies - MongoDB
- Extensive Database performance tuning experience
- Deep knowledge of industry-standard, enterprise-class best practices for a large database environment
- Good experience with AWS Cloud and Linux/VM platform
- Deep understanding of HA, DR Database and storage technologies Data replication
- Experience implementing, supporting and auditing database security
- Hands on automation experience with Python, YAML, Unix Shell Scripting, etc.