Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Linux (remote)
Posted on May 24, 2022 by Easton Haines Consultancy
Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Linux
About the role
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer-Linux will provide support and technical expertise to assist with the departmental objective of delivering and developing a stable and secure operational infrastructure service that meets the business requirement. You will support the business in BAU, Project Delivery and R&D capacities following industry best practices, while collaborating with team members and other departments and 3rd parties where required.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Linux will keep abreast of emerging technologies and assist with the Infrastructure strategy while maintaining and developing relationships with Internal stakeholders, vendors and suppliers to achieve the departmental objective while contributing to the wider IT Strategy.
The successful candidate will have a good mix of the following:
- Red Hat certified engineer (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent knowledge of deploying, supporting and migrating Linux Server Operating Systems including CentOS and RedHat.
- Strong experience designing, deploying and supporting containerisation platforms and technologies eg Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes.
- Strong experience using orchestration and configuration tools such as Ansible, puppet etc.
- Experience deploying and supporting application stacks on Linux OS eg Apache, Tomcat, Hadoop, Spark, JMS.
- Continuous Integration/Delivery eg Jenkins.
- Experienced with user authentication using MS Active Directory.
- Experience of backup and DR.
- Experience of infrastructure and application performance monitoring.
Any of the following would be an advantage:
- Exposure to VMWare vSphere farm architecture and management.
- Exposure to Load Balancers preferably F5.
- Experience deploying Elastic Stack.
- Experience working with scalable distributed file systems such as GlusterFS.
- Good understanding of storage and storage platforms.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Operating system and Anti-Virus patch management.
- Strong exposure to knowledge of leveraging, integrating cloud services (AWS/Azure).
- Significant exposure to working closely with internal and external development teams in a DevOps environment
In return you will receive an extremely competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and the opportunity to work from home.
The business is currently trailing different patterns of home and office working to determine optimum working arrangements for the future. During the trial period the classification of this role is Home Fixed. Typically, this has entailed five days per week working from home, with occasional travel to the office as agreed with the line manager per week.
Please apply either by using the link provided or by emailing your CV direct to me. Alternatively, you can call for more information on the number shown below.
Easton Haines Consultancy is a specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. No terminology in the advertisement is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies, we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary or contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment business.
Please note that, unfortunately, due to the high level of applications, we are only able to respond to those candidates whose CVs match the job requirements.