Posted on May 23, 2022 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Contract: 6 months, possible scope for extension
Attractive Day Rate
- Supporting the Product Teams to deliver software for the Enterprise Product Domain;
- Accountable with the Product Owner to review backlog plans and delivery schedule.
- Accountable with the Product Owner as well as key stakeholders to formulate and implement the delivery plan.
- Works with the Product Owner to ensure that work is de-constructed and translated into development activities across Product Teams
- Accountable for the creation and management of epics, backlog management and prioritisation across Product Teams and for conformance to the Tech operating model with regards to traditional waterfall, agile and DevOps practices
- Coordinating resources, preparing delivery teams for kick-off and ensure effective completion of milestones, controlling scope and mitigating risks
- Managing the scope of delivery from inception to closure - defining, developing, and managing implementation schedules
- Ensuring the delivery team are delivering to configuration, development, and methodology standards
- Co-ordinates cross-functional teams across Product Areas and Product Domains, identifies resources needed, assigns, and prioritises tasks/responsibilities and ensures deadlines are met
- Understands objectives, processes, and products to make educated recommendations. Minimises exposure to risk of delivery.
- Interfaces between multiple internal departments and vendors to manage and maintain the quality of technology applications seeking to identify efficiencies and improvements where possible.
- Supports day-to-day prioritisation of work, scope, troubleshoots reported project issues and identifies then create new processes to improve/maintain quality control.
- Supports the Product Owners and Portfolio Performance Manager with the development of financial and planning estimates and validation of vendors' estimates.
- Liaise and work closely with Portfolio Performance Manager on product backlog and project budget, forecasting and expenditure.
- Contributes to the creation of and manages Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Requests for Proposals with vendors during delivery life cycles.
- Adept at adopting the appropriate project management life cycle delivery methodology, ie Agile, Waterfall or a combination of both.
- Be able to take responsibility for managing aspects of the Product Team, managing resources, timelines, 3rd parties and delivering status reports.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives in parallel.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the Product Team, including communications to team, stakeholders and executives, developing and agreeing the communication's plan
- Act as the main point of escalation for product team members.
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Experience managing multiple projects and project teams (6+ years' experience).
- An appropriate degree, equivalent qualification, or experience
- Experience applying project methodologies, including agile and waterfall methodologies
- Comfortable working with a variety of project management tools (eg MS Project, Planview, MS Visio)
- Experience delivering solutions with 3rd parties
- Experience of working with cloud-based systems
- Extensive IT delivery and project management experience within Retail
- Experienced in hands on' Tech software delivery from initiation to implementation
- Full change management including IT project management, planning, budgeting, risk management, governance (especially in a scaled Agile environment)
- Strong leadership, collaboration, and motivational skills
- Strong internal and external influencing skills
- Have strong communications skills (written and verbal) - need to communicate at all levels within Technology, the business and external service providers/business partners.
- Demonstrate strong planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Commercial mindset and an understanding of how the project contributes to the overall business case
- Be able to take people along with you, empowering new ways of working and successfully executing on those opportunities
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating elevated levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact, and professionalism.