Senior Firmware Developer
Posted on May 20, 2022 by Darwin Recruitment
Are you a talented Senior Firmware Developer, or do you want to become one? An exciting company in the biotechnology sector is looking for a talented developer with experience in C programming.
As a Senior Firmware Developer, you will report to the Head of R&D and will be primarily responsible for developing, enhancing, and maintaining firmware for IoT devices. This is a unique opportunity to take ownership of an exciting new product line. You will act as a product owner and lead the development of this product line.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Development of low power Embedded applications.
- Optimisation and maintenance of the product firmware.
- You will spend part of the working week at the company's office in Wil and the rest of the week working from home. Details of how you will work will be provided when you apply.
- For the Senior Firmware Developer position, you will need direct experience in developing event-driven programs in C.
- You should also have experience in integrating Embedded firmware applications into the cloud, including security.
- It is also important that you have experience developing software for hardware test systems.
It is important that you also have the following attributes:
- A Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- At least 4 years of experience with the C programming language.
- German language skills at B1 level.
You must also have the following:
- Willingness to take responsibility for the product.
- Experience with best practices in software development such as architecture patterns, unit testing, DevOps & CI/CD.
- Good teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to work under pressure.
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.
If you wish to contact a specialist regarding this role, or your job search in general, please contact