Sales Engineer-Entry Level
Posted on May 16, 2022 by Ultra-met
Great opportunity for entry-level Sales Engineer. Are you interested in advanced metalworking technologies? Do you have a desire to help customers achieve their goals? This key position offers several months of on-site training in Urbana, Ohio while earning a salary before entering the field as a Sales-Engineer.
Company Overview: The Ultra-met Company is a leading independent manufacturer of tungsten carbide products for fabricators and tool makers that will be used in a wide range of industries such as the automotive, aerospace, medical, petroleum, and woodworking industries. Our products primarily consist of cutting tools and wear products. The manufacturing process involves making tungsten carbide powder, pressing, forming, sintering, and grinding operations. We are a locally owned, privately held, long-term growth-oriented company.
Summary: In this key role, the Sales Engineer's primary responsibility is to provide market and product development to grow Ultra-met's Ohio-made tungsten carbide and cermet products. These markets include, but are not limited to, oil and gas/downhole, woodworking, medical, mining, and wear parts. This position will interface with all UM departments to achieve new-market growth goals.
This role will offer comprehensive on-site training in Urbana, Ohio for several months. The training will include operations and manufacturing exposure, engineering shadowing, and customer service training. This extensive training prepares the Sales Engineer to excel in this position. Once the training is completed the Sales Engineer will be responsible for growing the business and fulfilling the responsibilities below:
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Consulting with Ultra-met Sales Managers as well as customers to understand and develop new business opportunities and new markets
2. Contacting potential clients and customers to build rapport and establish relationships
3. Developing quotes and proposals associated with the new markets and opportunities
4. Being the liaison between Ultra-met engineering, customer support and the customer to continually improve the product as well as delivery
5. Developing strategic sales goals and sales growth plans to steadily increase the market share with newly developed opportunities
6. Developing long-term strategic sales growth plans to drive sales to exceed revenue goals
7. Controlling expenses to meet budget guidelines
8. Maintaining positive relationships with current customers while attracting new ones
Specific qualifications include:
- A Bachelor's degree in a Business, Communications, or Engineering field.
- Must have interest/understanding of machining, metalworking technologies, carbide grades, geometries, coating, and applications.
- Must be able to perform mathematical calculations applicable to product application, and able to read blueprints.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- General computer skills including Office, Word, Excel, Power point.
- The assignment of sales calls for daily travel with 40% over nights.
- Must possess a current valid driver's license for his/her state of primary residence.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.