Full Stack .NET developer-12 months contract-inside IR35-open rate
Posted on May 14, 2022 by McCabe & Barton
Our client is looking for Full Stack .NET developer to join the teams
Duration 12 months contract inside IR35. They open for Permanent opportunity
Rate: match your expectation
They are looking for a developer with experience of Real Time messaging and event-driven software to help us re-engineer a key piece of Middleware in our stack.
Role and Responsibilities
- Design and implement a Real Time messaging/event broker, using 3rd party components, to connect systems with the Bloomberg AIM platform.
- Design key service management functions for this component, and document appropriate support and maintenance procedures.
- Hand over ownership of this component to the technology team for ongoing support and maintenance.
- Assistance with other development and engineering tasks.
- Assistance with production support of in-house systems particularly in a level-2 and level-3 capacity, where problem analysis is important.
In addition, it is important that the role is fulfilled in accordance with a strong focus upon:
- Responsible Business: operate in line with company's values and our commitment to responsible business
- Compliance & Risk: comply with company's regulatory and statutory requirements, policies and procedures
- Learning & Development: engage in continuous learning in a goal oriented and purpose driven way
Skills and Experience
Significantdevelopment experience with C# and .NET Core
- Significant experience with MS SQL development
- Significant experience designing and developing applications in Event-Driven Architectures and Microservices, and with streaming Middleware such as Apache Kafka or Azure EventHub or similar
Other desirable skills:
- Experience of using or integrating with Bloomberg AIM and/or EMSX, or other trading platforms
- Experience with Front End development in ReactJS or Angular
- Experience with any NoSQL databases such as MongoDb or CosmosDB
- Experience with industry standard CI/CD tools (GitHub and Octopus Deploy preferred)
- Experience with a wide range of Azure SaaS, PaaS and IaaS services and capabilities
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools (eg Pulumi, Terraform)
Other skills, capabilities and experience:
- Degree-level education, typically in a technical, quantitative or scientific subject, or significant relevant professional experience.
- Analytical and logical problem-solving mindset: able to model a problem in a variety of different ways, and move between those mental models; able to identify the key parameters influencing the outcome of a problem, and assess their relative importance to guide the design of a solution.
- Strong written and verbal communication ability, including an ability to articulate complex technical topics to a wide range of audiences, and in particular the ability to describe how a problem is addressed by different abstract models.
- Strong team- and collaboration- skills: enthusiastic and interested in the work of others, and able to proactively assist, advise and support others in the team, and welcoming of support and advice in return.
- Growth mindset: keen to learn new skills and approaches and willing to put in significant effort to develop these and apply them to work
- Ability to apply good judgement: for example, understanding the tensions between short-term fixes and long-term solutions and assess the trade-offs when addressing a problem or making recommendations