GTM (Go-To-Market) Manager
Posted on May 14, 2022 by PSD Technology Contracts Ltd.
An exciting opportunity to work with a global leader in aviation technology.
My client is a global organisation, providing technology and telecommunications solutions to the aviation sector.
They are looking for a Go-To-Market specialist to join on a contract basis for a minimum of 6 months.
As Go-To-Market Manager you will be instrumental in the portfolio, its development, management, and governance. You will develop the Go-To-Market strategy, develop partnerships, support the portfolio strategy, ensure the business performance, drive market analysis, and support the Sales and Product Marketing activities.
You will be working to support the Cabin Connectivity services offered y the client, this includes On-board Wifi as well as (GSM/3G/4G voice, SMS and data) allowing passengers and crews to use their connected devices in the air as they would do on the ground.
The Go-To-Market Manager supports the definition of the portfolio strategy to build sustainable growth, revenue and margins through the definition and execution of the Go To Market Strategy. The key role will be to define the value proposition and support the execution of the 3 and 5 year-plan as well as yearly operating plan.
Market knowledge and transmission
- Know the market and eco-system
- Analyse and report on the market trends (From a passenger, airline, and technology point of view)
- Search and provide up to date information on competition and on the products that are available on the market, leveraging network and key actors of the industry.
Customer installed base
- Know the customer base and understand dynamics and future trends
- Measure the performance of the product and services, analyse usage, report on trends and anticipate action plans where possible, control financial targets.
- During the contract life cycle: address Business Development Managers regular requests, support negotiation, follow up on the agreements for existing customers.
- Drive regular benchmark and based on agreed standard pricing structure, support the finance department in building business cases.
- Secure the overall volume and value so to support the portfolio P&L.
- Support bid management processes, in particular build and lead the bid strategy from a product perspective, together with the Business Development Manager on a given opportunity from early stage to contract signature and handover to delivery team.
- Establish a clear offering to best equip the Sales team in making bids and proposals: define and document the product, its level of services, technical solution, pricing.
- Ensure we get the best proposal from our supplier(s) for a given bid.
- Ensure coherence in terms of solution, planning and alignment with the cabin strategy.
- Support the Sales team in pitching the products in meetings with customers.
Cabin P&L and KPIs
- Define and monitor relevant KPIs.
- Provide input for the Cabin P&L and KPIs for the reforecast, budget and business plan.
- Measure actuals against targets and propose gap mitigation plans.
Support the Cabin Core Team
- Animation of the Cabin Core Team (as all Cabin team members from Product, Engineering, Customer Service & Operations, Marketing & Communications ).
- Suggest roadmap items based on customers and product evolution needs.
- Provide insight on the market.
- Support the creation of the content for marketing collaterals, internal trainings and trade shows
- Master level or equivalent in a technical, business or marketing discipline.
- At least 5 years relevant business experience in an international company.
Knowledge & Skills
- Solid knowledge of Product Management skills.
- Strong analytical skills able to model financial scenarios.
- Knowledge of Air Transport Industry is a desirable.
- Knowledge of the IT & Telecommunication industry is a strong plus
- Understanding of market requirements
- Ability to operate in a virtual, multicultural and cross-functional environment.
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business at multiple levels.
- Excellent oral and written language skills in English.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and empathy skills.
- Excellent organizational, time planning and prioritization management skills.
- Presentation and reporting capabilities.
- Experience in Product Marketing is a plus
- Experience of Project Management is a plus.
- Customer-focus mindset
- Partner and Supplier Relationship Management.
- Sales Strategy/Support.
- Business Acumen.
- Financial Acumen.
Candidates must be based near Barcelona or Geneva, however Remote working from these locations is also available.