IT Field Engineer
Posted on May 13, 2022 by Responsive Search, Inc.
This position is for a IT. Field Engineer which will report to the IT. Operations Manager. The IT. Field Engineer's duties will include inspecting and installing equipment and new technologies, directing contracted crews or workers on site, conducting research, and reporting on project status. Field engineers will make sure that completed projects work smoothly and adhere to architected engineering designs.
- Conduct research and studies onsite for new and currently occupied locations
- Review and monitor equipment life cycles and technologies at all site locations
- Resolve onsite equipment malfunctions
- Manage field activities and implement engineering designs
- Oversee repairs and technical improvements
- Ensure proper maintenance of onsite IT. Equipment
- Draft and submit reports of active site setups/improvements/repairs
- Work with Manage Service Provider and Vendors with Coordinating equipment configurations and setups.
- 2+ Years working in the IT Field
- Well-Versed in IT. Equipment and configurations
- Knowledge of manufacturing or job shop environments.
- Knowledge of IT. infrastructure and Networking Environments
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and innovative thinking
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service focus
- Self-motivated and organized with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Able to be on-call should any issues arrive that may impact project deadlines
- Ability to travel as needed, for long periods of time