Senior PHP Developer X2
Posted on May 13, 2022 by Mercator IT Solutions
About the Company
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a senior PHP Developer to be part of a highly innovative forward thinking online challenger bank start-up funded by a major fund. You will be based either in our London or Sheffield offices as preferred.
You will be joining a small but experienced team building up the functionality of a bespoke best-of-breed banking technology, a single platform delivering loan issue, card issue and recovery.
This is a great opportunity for a leading edge, innovative, high-class PHP developer to enter the company at a time when you can make your mark on the development of the company and contribute to the quality work that has already been created.
The successful candidate will be working on LAMP driven applications and API's.
This is an ideal role for someone who has strong coding experience, is an innovative thinker and self-starter.
The successful Developer will have:
- 5+ years commercial or similar experience
- Understanding of OOP
- Experience in writing unit tests, and using PHPUnit 4.8, 7.4 and 9.x
- Source code version control using Git
- Solid understanding of PHP development using PHP 7.4 and 9.x, AJAX, MySQL (SQL)
- Must have experience working with LAMP environments eg Ubuntu and be confident with Bash command line usage
- Experience of implementing various web services
- A desire to work in a start-up environment
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes, learning new technology
- Superior organisational skills, efficient workflow practices and good communication skills