Programme Manager (Service Team)
Posted on May 13, 2022 by Methods Business and Digital Technology Limited
South West, United Kingdom
£35 - £35 Annual
- Directly project manage all aspects of those projects allocated by the Service Director or Head of Service Delivery, working closely with the team, suppliers and stakeholders associated with these projects, typically of a complex nature, of high business value.
- Develop and maintain business cases, investment appraisals, project initiation documentation and project controls for significant investments and projects as necessary.
- Establish and maintain necessary delivery structures to support project delivery, manage resources and priorities across the Project Team.
- Line Management responsibility for the team working on the Project this includes, technical architect, project manager, and implementation manager. In addition, although not directly line managing a dotted line to the business change manager.
- Manage project activities, delegating individual and team action plans and other responsibilities to ensure delivery.
- Chair and Co-Ordinate Project Board, Project meetings and other communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage governance processes for delivery, including initiation stage, stage plans, highlight reports, and exception reports.
- Manage project risks through the application of the risk management principles.
- Manage the quality including data quality assurance process.
- Assist with the management of the agreed budget covering the purchase and maintenance of all project resource. Authorise expenditure within agreed limits.
- Develop and manage overall delivery of Stakeholder engagement plans for each of the projects
- Establish and undertake liaison with relevant stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain supplier relationship.
- Develop and coordinated project communication plans.
- Development of standards, best practice, policy compliance and strategy.
- Co-ordinate and support collaborative working with suppliers and other projects.
- Liaise with relevant policy staff as appropriate to ensure project development supports current policy.
- Champion and develop the Programme and Project Management Standards, ensuring business continuity and operational performance through the project life cycle
- Ensure effective disinvestment or decommissioning of obsolete systems.
- Identify opportunities for further service improvements or cost improvement initiative
- Maintain awareness of internal and external activities and policies, ensuring timely impact assessments to inform planning and decision process. As necessary ensure legality of delivery in accordance with the legal framework consulting with legal professionals as required and authorised by project executive.
- Where not specifically assigned to directly manage a particular project, provide assistance and guidance to Trust managers with responsibility for a particular project.
- In liaison with the Health and Safety Manager, ensure staff are adequately informed and trained in risk management, including any existing or new control measures; Encouraging staff awareness of the Risk Management Strategy and Policy.
- Maintain qualification as certified PRINCE2 practitioner or equivalent.
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholders in the delivery of projects.