Posted on May 12, 2022 by Tyler Grange
Are you passionate about protected species? Are you crazy about client care? Do you love getting involved with exciting project teams that deliver good outcomes on development projects? Mad about mentoring others? You'll fit right in.
Working in the ecology planning sector, this role will be to manage and deliver very complex projects from project inception and bidding stages through to the completion of planning materials, including Preliminary Ecology Appraisals, Ecological Assessments, Ecological Impact Assessments, Mitigation Strategies, Management Plans and Method Statements. You should also be proficient at scoping, designing and undertaking ecological surveys. We are looking for a person with a strong technical background who can be a technical lead for the team and nurture our Consultants and Graduates in the early steps in their careers. The role will support the wider team to win the work they love. You will develop great relationships with our clients and be supportive of their projects. We love finding solutions to their problems.
Based in our London office, you'll have access to our space in WeWork on the Southbank. From 1st June 2022 we'll be trialling a company-wide 4-day working week for a period of six months, so it couldn't be a better time to consider becoming part of the tribe.
Tyler Grange are committed to setting the standard and raising the bar across the ecological landscape. That's why it's important that the successful ecologist has:
• The ability to be a proactive technical lead for the region and share technical knowledge with/mentor the wider ecology team, including any areas in which you specialise
• A desire to manage large and complex projects
• First-rate academic qualifications in ecology or biological sciences
• Excellent survey skills (extended Phase I, protected species surveys (at least one licence or specialism) and/or botanical survey(s))
• Excellent report writing skills and reviewing skills
• A developed understanding of legislative and planning policy framework
• Confidence in liaising with clients, statutory bodies and LPAs
• A commitment to the pursuit of excellence, including a desire to innovate how we deliver for our clients
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• CIEEM membership, working towards Chartership
• Experience of EIA/HRA/protected species licencing
• A full UK driving licence
The icing on the cake for us would be:
• Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
• Multiple protected Species Licences (bat class licence Level 2 desirable)
To apply please send us a CV (tribe(at)tylergrange.co.uk) and a Covering Letter.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS