Senior Data Platform Engineer (Kafka)
Posted on May 12, 2022 by Darwin Recruitment
NB: This job is to be done from within the Netherlands and will require you to visit the office at least twice per week.
My client is looking for an Apache Kafka Engineer who can take ownership of their data streaming platform so that it is configured correctly to enable data scientists and engineers to create game-changing algorithms. You will be hired as the Kafka expert, promoting proper integration and tool usage company-wide. Because they are growing, you will also be actively shaping their infrastructure (including pipelines) to handle future workloads.
If Kafka is your first name and AWS your surname and your looking to join a company that prioritizes technological innovation and welcomes your creativity and ideas then keep reading.
I'm looking for someone who
- is an Apache Kafka expert. You have been working on implementing the technology for at least 2 years. You also have at least 4 years of total experience working according to DevOps/Data Engineering (best) practices and principles.
- has strong hands-on experience with cloud-native services on AWS or GCP as you will need to use this knowledge to solve the platform's needs.
- has a good understanding of Linux system administration, scalability, load balancers, automation. A good understanding/experience with CI/CD (Jenkins/TeamCity/GitHub or similar) would be nice.
- is good with infrastructure as code and knows his/her way around CloudFormation or Terraform, and Ansible.
- is very strong in Python (or willing to learn), having used it for Scripting and some Back End development, as you could be building new features for use with the platform.
Who is interested in:
- Designing, building and automating data processing platforms with an emphasis on security, compliance, scalability, efficiency, reliability, and flexibility.
- Brainstorming and innovating, perfecting a Kafka platform that ultimately enables great user experiences, including identifying and exploring new use cases.
- Knowledge transfer, promoting best practices, and coaching colleagues in proper tool usage.
For a company who:
- Offers you a salary of up to €90k per year, including holiday allowance
- Also compensates you with a commute allowance, pension scheme, and a companywide discount on a lot of consumer goods.
- Gives you the option for a hybrid (2/3) work-from-home policy (office is in the Randstad), and the right equipment to help you do your job (WFH set-up, WFH coffee allowance, laptop).
- Values a good team spirit and promotes this with parties, pub quizzes, and other activities.
We understand that we ask a lot from our candidates, but we encourage you to apply even if you are skilled in 70% of the requirements. It's fine if your current job title is something else such as a Software or Data Engineer. If you can do the job, please reach out to me.
Apply now! Contact Zulayma or e-mail me at (see below)
Keywords: Apache Kafka, AWS, Amazon Web Services, CloudFormation, GCP, Terraform, CI/CD, Jenkins, TeamCity, Python, Ansible, Linux, DevOps
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.