Posted on May 11, 2022 by DS McG Limited
Company - DS McG Limited, Buchlyvie
Job Title - Contracts Manager
Location - Buchlyvie, West Stirlingshire and covering Central Scotland
We are seeking to appoint, on a full time permanent contract, an experienced Contracts Manager to the management team to oversee the delivery of grounds maintenance contracts for selected clients at locations across Central Scotland. This role will involve managing both directly employed staff and sub-contractors.
Duties & responsibilities -
- Overseeing the day to day operation & administration of grounds maintenance contracts for selected clients & locations.
- Managing the day to day requirements of clients and their expectations.
- Organising teams of operatives and planning workloads.
- Working alongside our Health & Safety manager ensuring that the policies of The Company are strictly adhered to by all staff.
- Inspection of works and site reporting.
- Inspection of completed works to ensure that these meet the required company standards.
- Reporting on and processing completed works for preparation and presentation of invoices.
- Carrying out specified tasks on a regular basis to minimise loss and damage of all equipment.
- Meeting clients and our own KPIs.
- Costing of works and resource management.
- Grow existing client base and establish client relationships.
Key skills & experience required -
- Previous management experience in grounds maintenance essential.
- Full UK driving licence - essential
- CSCS Card - preferred but not essential
- SSSTS - preferred but not essential
- Comfortable working with Excel
- Normal business hours are Monday - Friday 06.45am - 17.30pm, the candidate will be required to start work from the office in Buchlyvie, with occasional Saturdays and reduced winter hours. Flexibility in the approach to working hours, required to start early and work late in line with the operational needs of the business.
- The ability to organise squads and work programmes to ensure the effective completion of programmed works.
- Confidence in costing works and organising resources required to complete works
- A driven ambition, forward thinking, organisational and practical skills with a desire to succeed and deliver a high quality of work.
- In addition to a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, the Company will provide a vehicle for business and personal use, a mobile phone and laptop computer with the addition of a Workplace Pension and opportunities for career progression.
- This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to be involved in the running of a growing and successful business trading since 2005.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00-£50,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability