Senior Middleware Administrator - Development Senior
Posted on May 10, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious fortune 500 company is on the search for a Development Senior Middleware. The Development Senior will be part of the integration team providing Middleware integration/administration support. This person needs to have experience with administrating and architecting Middleware products like webMethods, WebLogic, and must have strong Unix Shell Scripting experience.
- Provide flawless Middleware integration support to Factory lines by coordinating Middleware activities such as builds, upgrades and migrations with Middleware engineers, admins and other IT counterparts
- Provide engineering solutions for remediation/upgrade of Middleware software and web applications - webMethods, WebLogic, Apache, Tomcat in Linux platform.
- Identify and analyze existing infrastructure (OS, Hardware, Software) and Middleware application code components.
- Troubleshoot issues, provide recommendations in areas pertaining to Middleware and Middleware interfacing components to development and test teams
- Establish and document practices and procedures pertaining to Middleware technologies
- Work with Middleware vendor technical support teams on advanced technical issues
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience; Master's degree is preferred
- 5 to 7 years of experience in administration, troubleshooting and architecture of Middleware technologies such as webMethods, WebLogic, Apache/Tomcat, etc.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in administration of Software AG webMethods (9.x/10.x) in Unix environment
- Experience in installation/upgrade/migration of Middleware products, preferably webMethods & WebLogic
- Strong Unix/Shell Scripting skills
- Good understanding of relational databases and ability to understand/write SQL queries.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experience with job scheduling & automation tools such as Autosys and BladeLogic
- Experience in supporting application teams in development/testing environments
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and team working skills
- Experience in following technologies is highly desirable:
- Experience with/knowledge of webMethods Product Suite, B2B integration, Trading Networks, etc.
- Knowledge/programming experience in Java/J2EE
- Good understanding/working knowledge of WebSphere MQ
- Certification in one or more MW technologies