Mechanical Design Engineer - Lorain, Ohio
Posted on May 10, 2022 by X-Confidential
The company is all about trust, friendship, and a shared ambition to lead the world in environmental equipment. Be a part of a company that is growing and part of the community; driven to improve and protect our environment.
Our benefits package includes medical, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, short-term disability, 401(k) plan, vacation, and personal paid time off. Family Care leave of absence is available when needed to support your and your family's health and well-being.
The client has a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Product concept design & development.
- The detailed mechanical design of medical and industrial devices.
- 3D CAD modelling (SolidWorks).
- Production of detail drawings.
- Support for manufacturing transfer processes.
Interacting closely with other engineers, quality resources, sales, and other departments is required responsibility for products from the concept phase through manufacturing transfer.
- Work with customers and sales to define customer product and development requirements.
- Develop mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems and detailed to customer's specifications.
- Evaluate and select components, mechanical technologies, and suppliers.
- Develop mechanical design files: SolidWorks 3D Assemblies, components and detailed drawings, assembly drawings, component procurement, and fabrication drawings.
- Collaborate effectively with sales, purchasing, and operations departments to assist manufacturing transfer efforts.
Education and Skills:
The successful applicant will have a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering. The candidate must have five (5) years of industrial mechanical engineering experience, including customer-facing capacities. The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and expertise in delivering technical presentations.
The Company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, gender, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion, or other legally protected status. Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.