Posted on May 9, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious fortune 500 company is on the search for a Splunk Architect. This company is looking for a splunk architect that has 3-4 years of experience. They need someone who has come from a multi-terabyte environment with search head clusters ITSI and ES. They need to have 2 years of experience with cloud such as AWS or Azure. They will be working with upgrading, designing, and automation of Splunk. Also they would like some experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Terraform and python/bash for Scripting.
- Apply reference architectures and positions toward design, deployment and support of highly complex systems that deliver business functionality.
- Consult on application of reference architecture, strategic direction of enterprise technology, and serve as subject matter expert with contextual knowledge of business model.
- Utilize or develop reusable patterns, practices, and enterprise reference architectures that fit within overall Allstate architectural blueprint.
- Drive requirements analysis activities and develop design of highly complex architectural solutions involving multiple logical and/or physical dimensions.
- Maintain awareness of current complex architectures and business drivers and guide their application to initiatives as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities to enhance existing architecture.
- Advocate effective architectural designs and optimize current architecture and processes.
- Influence clients and partners to prioritize for enterprise benefit and risk reduction and assist in driving adoption of technology solutions that leverage existing patterns, practices and reference architectures.
- Recommend when tactical solutions should be replaced or incorporated into sunset and refresh strategies for assigned application(s), project(s) or discipline.
- Ensure that application sunset and refresh strategies are created and maintained.
- Lead assessments and inspections of high complexity physical and/or logical architectural components.
- Verify conformance to architectural patterns, practices and enterprise/departmental reference architecture.
- 3+ Years of Splunk architecture experience in a multi-terabyte/day environment
- Architecting Splunk in AWS
- Upgrading Splunk in a multi-terabyte/day environment with Search Head Clusters, ITSI and ES
- 10+ years of platform engineering experience
- 2+ Years of AWS experience
- Planning for and performing upgrades on Splunk infrastructure
- Designing automation of Splunk deployment
- Designing version control and config management of Splunk deployment
- Implementing and reviewing Splunk best practices
Software skills needed
- Splunk Enterprise Security
- Splunk IT Service Intelligence
- Splunk Core
- Automated deployment of Splunk using software such as Terraform/Ansible/Puppet/Chef/etc.
- Python/Bash or other Scripting language a plus
- Azure Experience a plus