Senior Software Developer
Posted on May 9, 2022 by Metadata Consulting Limited
We deploy on Azure and AWS, and experience with these environments and similar virtualisation and deployment tools such as docker and terraform is also sought after.
Key tasks revolve around the following:
- Writing well-designed, testable code using test driven development techniques where possible.
- Develop clear requirements, documented with diagrams and flow-charts, helped by writing technical spikes and proof of concept software where appropriate.
- Integrated software components into fully functioning software systems
- Oversee and contribute to the development roadmap, identifying areas of potential growth and product enhancement
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software systems.
- Keeping up to date with the latest developments in web-based software development.
We have a lively team of highly qualified and enthusiastic engineers building software which are revolutionising the data landscape. The office is in Totnes, but most people work on a hybrid flexible basis, coming to the office once a month, or for initial training weeks.
- A base salary from £50-75,000 pa
- 10% on-target bonus
- Enrolment in company share scheme & pension scheme
- 25-days holiday plus bank holidays
- 10% Training time including registration with an online skills academy.
- Interesting and creative work in a fast expanding business in the heart of the data revolution.
Metadata Works Ltd was founded in 2017, and is a leader in its field providing software as a service to government agencies, corporations and research organisations.
Metadata Works Ltd offers informed, technical solutions for Datamodelling and management driven by research and experience. Our client base is primarily health-care, but we also work for a number of scientific and government organisations such as the IPCC (International Panel for Climate Change) and the ONS (UK Office of National Statistics) and Genomics England.
What we do
Discovering, accessing and understanding data easily and securely can be a challenge - even more so in larger, distributed organisations. Data Scientists spend 80% of their time searching for data which means spending valuable time on labour-intensive tasks that could easily be automated. Our mission is to build software tools to make data Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and enable Reuse of digital assets - FAIR.