IT BCP Technical Architect - ATM Systems - airspace Industry
Posted on May 8, 2022 by Flint Consulting Limited
IT BCP Technical Architect - ATM Systems
My client, a leading global consultancy is currently looking for an experienced IT BCP Technical Architect to join them on a long term contract basis.
As the IT BCP Technical Architect, you will become a part of the delivery team for one of their key Customers in the Airspace Industry, dealing with Air Traffic Management, Flight planning and Air Traffic Control capacity planning.
Their Customer has embarked on the multi-year journey of IT landscape modernisation to increase efficiency of the European Air Traffic Management systems under the most critical programme in European public sector area.
Working as a part of the team you will be engaged in the delivery of cutting-edge IT systems supporting Pan-European aviation and shaping the future of European Air Traffic Management.
In the Role of the IT BCP Technical Architect you will:
- Provide the Technology Framework for BCP Strategy and Approach on ATM systems, with BCP Technology scope segmentation and coordination across different stakeholders
- Provide technology guidance and expertise on 14 security domains of ISMS according to ISO 27001, including Local High Availability (no SPOF) and Disaster Recovery strategies;
- Provide detailed technology approach, blueprints, guidelines for design and implementations, required procedures and operations to comply with ISO 27001 Information Security Business Continuity Management domain
- Provide BCP technology guidance on ATM Business applications (possible solutions to meet RPO and RTO) and E2E implementation in the following domains:
- Air Traffic Flow and Capacity Management (ATFCM)
- Flight Planning and European AIS Database (EAD)
- Airspace Data and Transponder Code Function (TCF)
- Other relevant applications required to support ATM
- Support the technology design teams in selecting and designing the right solution to meet the BCP business objectives, selecting between standardized approaches: this includes understanding the systems architecture, high-level functionalities and required system components, interdependencies between components;
- Support and guide the operations teams in understanding the BCP Technical needs in term of Monitoring metrics, Reporting, Technical Procedures supporting technical Operations to execute an BCP E2E state of the art solution;
- Support the testing team in identification of the right testing scenarios, testing data, testing conditions and expected results for individual system components and for BCP E2E solution;
- Support Environment Management team in setup of the right target technology platforms for the BCP E2E solution implementation and testing;
- Set up and maintain contacts with business units, technical stakeholders to understand technology requirements and possible solution landscape; this includes architectural leadership in the resolution of inter-program and inter-project solutioning issues;
- Weekly follow up on BCP roadmaps and implementation plans and all involved teams coordination.
- Provide recommendations and subject matter expertise regarding BCP trends, technology, tools and services;
- Perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Must have Skills (Demonstrable experience required):
- Ability to manage stakeholders at a CTO level in complex Ecosystems.
- Emotional Intelligence required to deal with people and influence them
- Ability to manage lead, manage and direct a team of multi-disciplinary architects.
- Demonstrable ability to distil complex idea into simple concepts which can presented and conveyed convincingly.
Must have Required Qualification:
- Hands on enterprise management experience including use of standard tools (Enterprise Architect credentials such as TOGAF, ArchiMate, etc.);
- Solid air traffic domain experience (ATM applications);
- Experience in the Technology BCP procedure/operations preparation, execution and testing on ATM operational systems and market products (defence related SW applications);
- Working experience for the company and/or organisation around ATM would be considered an advantage:
- Very good knowledge (Certification preferred) of ISO 27001 Standard,
- especially on Information Security Business Continuity Management domain
- Very good knowledge of the following standard Platform products such (not exhaustive list): Kafka, Application Server, Directory Services, RDBMS and other Data Storage, OpenShift, Containers and Microservice, Open Source products (Apache suite), Infrastructure Layers, Monitoring Tools etc
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant architecture experience to perform the advertised tasks, employed/Contracted with large organisations
- General skills on top of technology leadership:
- Adapts communication to different situations and audiences;
- Aligns action to strategy and analytical approach for quality
- Anticipates and solves business issues, customer oriented
- Manage multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours, ie, result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- Ideally Belgium based - or ability to travel to Belgium on a regular basis ;