Product Owner with Finance Expertise
Posted on May 7, 2022 by Darwin Recruitment
Our client in Zurich, a global leader in the finance environment, is looking for an English-speaking Product Owner for the next 12 months (extension for another 12 months is possible).
- Own the delivery of the end-to-end financial platform implementation in China using SAP FPSL and FI-GL to enable group and local IFRS 17 reporting
- Act as a bridge between the local stakeholder and the global project team, helping each side to optimize their contribution
- Support the sprint planning and discussion between the project team and stakeholders from a solution perspective
- Ensure timely and high-quality delivery of user stories as prioritized in the backlog
- Support and reprioritization of product backlog items and sprint backlog epics and stories based on progress and changing project circumstances
- Manage alignment and interdependencies with other squads
- Foster knowledge transfer to stakeholders and the run organization in China by supporting regular sprint reviews and ensuring the right stakeholders are aware of it
- Support the team on retrospective review of sprints and enable the implementation of continuous improvements for the product delivery and team collaboration
- Business and accounting understanding
- Strong understanding of bank or insurance accounting business requirements and ability to document and communicate them effectively to product owner(s), stakeholders, and team members
- Evaluates potential solutions to ensure requirements are compliant with the accounting standards and can be implemented/configured in the SAP FPSL and FI-GL landscape in China
- Strong understanding of or willingness to dig into IFRS17 financial reporting standards
- Prior implementation of a sub-ledger preferred; experience with configuration of a standard accounting solution - preferably on an SAP platform (eg, SAP Bank Analyzer, FPSL, Accounting for Insurance Contracts)
- Active participation in the agile project delivery (sprint planning, JIRA, retrospective, etc.) following a DevOps approach
- Understanding of end-to-end system landscape (source, master data, general ledger, consolidation) and how the data flows from source to produce the required bookings, reports, and interfaces
- Ability to understand implementation design for new solutions
- Team player with a high degree of personal accountability
- Experienced in working in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong delivery focus as well as analytical capabilities
- Experience in working in larger scale agile projects
- Innovative and strategic thinking
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.
If you wish to contact a specialist regarding this role, please contact