Associate Principal Enterprise Monitoring Engineer
Posted on May 7, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious financial services company is on the search for an Associate Principal Enterprise Monitoring Engineer. This engineer will work with support of enterprise monitoring tools such as Splunk. You will need to have extensive experience with Splunk queries and dash boarding. Also needed is experience with Scripting with API's.
- Write automation scripts using common automation tools
- Interface with 3rd party applications using API's.
- Design and develop enterprise monitoring solutions for cloud environments
- Design and develop enterprise monitoring solutions for microservices technologies
- Build complex dashboards for both technical and business operations teams
- Prepare management reports including service metrics.
- Participates in or leads projects of medium to high complexity.
- Use subject matter expertise with products to advise on design and assist with development of applications using these tools.
- Manage day to day activities of the enterprise monitoring staff when called upon to do so.
- Have the ability to learn new technologies quickly and productionize and operationalize them
- Influence development community on adopting standards for logging and monitoring.
- Flexibility to be on call from 5 PM to 7 AM for 3 months per year.
- Ability to work with AWS and On-Prem tools.
- Systems administration and change management practices
- Advanced knowledge of Splunk queries and dashboarding
- Enterprise Monitoring and reporting tools
- Experience Scripting and coding against API's.
- Solid understanding of network technologies
- Experience with cloud native applications
- Experience with technologies used to support microservices
- Bachelor's degree in a related area
- 7-10 years of related experience
- Minimum 7 years experience working in a distributed multi-platform environment.
- Minimum 3 years experience working with Splunk, Logic monitor and other monitoring and dashboarding tools