Lead MicroStrategy Developer/Analyst
Posted on May 6, 2022 by Tri-S Recruiters, Inc.
Huge, growing global firm is seeking a Lead MSTR expert for an in-house position in Grand Rapids, MI
*No current or future sponsorship of any kind is available for this position.*
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE
Senior resource responsible for analysing business requirements, developing and maintaining Business Intelligence reports and visualizations using primarily the MicroStrategy Business Intelligence toolset. This includes working with business analysts to understand report requirements, unit testing, verifying, debugging, and system documentation. Provide supervision and mentoring of less senior team members.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hands-on development of reports and dashboards using MicroStrategy.
- Reviews requirements and design documents and identifies required solutions.
- Develop a strong understanding of the source system(s) and the relationships within the data.
- Support special projects, ad-hoc reporting requests, and issue resolution.
- Interface closely with IT management to roll out MicroStrategy reports and dashboards.
- Develop and maintain documentation for reporting, tracking all changes.
- Training and mentoring less senior members of team.
- Keeps up to date with all current and planned functionality within the supported reporting systems.
- Assists in verification of data accuracy within dashboards and reports.
- Designs and executes test plans that are designed to find errors, ensure that the information meets requestor's specifications, and results in a quality implementation with no negative business impact.
- Debugs errors found in testing.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about reports and programs.
- Assists in project implementation teams and leads BI projects as required
- Develop training curriculums for training users in the company.
- Act as the lead MicroStrategy trainer for users in the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
6+ years of MSTR hands-on experience as outlined by the above responsibilities.