Posted on May 6, 2022 by ESSCO
The responsibilities of the Replenishment Buyer include a variety of functions that are focused around supporting top line sales and margin for the company. The role will be focused on multiple categories within the industry. Person must have strong analytical skills, detail oriented and excellent organizational skills.
Key functions would include:
- The replenishment of a large assortment of items within various categories in multiple distribution centers across the country.
- Applying proper forecasting analytics to determine appropriate in stock levels with the goal of maximizing sales.
- Achieve budgeted inventory levels and use system tools to analyze data.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to multi task and problem solve.
- The capable individual will work with the sales team and various departments.
- Creating purchase orders within specific parameters and the ability to track accordingly.
- Manage the fluctuating demand of new items as well as end of life products.
- Interaction with other department managers to offer analytical support to determine best course of action.
- Processing new item set ups, updating costs, selling prices, and general stocking information.
- Fulfillment of special orders on an as needed basis.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, in particular Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Identifying margin enhancement opportunities and cost containment.
- The ability to interact with a variety of suppliers and manufacturer's reps.
- Responsibilities also include replenishment of various imported items and would include working with overseas trading partners/factories.
- Knowledge and understanding of category management fundamentals a plus.