Voice & Cloud Communication Engineer
Posted on May 6, 2022 by Skillbase Group Ltd
Voice and Cloud Communication Engineer
We are looking for an engineer to support our Voice and Cloud Communication Value Streams in delivering state of the art solutions.
The candidate must have a great understanding of general Voice technologies and have working knowledge in SIP trunking implementations. Based on business, technical, operational, and regulatory requirements, the Value Streams are designing and implementing network solutions and OSS systems within the Voice and Cloud Communication domains. Delivering scalable solutions with high performance and processing large volumes of data is one of the daily challenges we are facing.
Roles and responsibilities
- Lead and contribute to the analysis, design, development and implementation of network solutions and OSS systems (Operational Support Systems) based on business, technical, operational (provisioning, service assurance) and regulatory requirements.
- Implement solutions following defined objectives, budget, effort, and timing while ensuring an optimal balance between third party vendor solutions and internal development and integration work.
- Acting as a Platform Owner you take up the end-to-end responsibility on actions across the project life cycle from requirements phase up to launch into production environment.
- Acting as a Network and Systems Engineer you evaluate systems performance level and propose enhancements to improve performance and capabilities when appropriate.
- Analyse and assess technical solutions and evolution to fulfil business, regulatory and operational (functional and capacity) requirements considering cost, time to market and quality. Evaluate and recommend evolution steps based on current and future technology capabilities.
- Participate in small to medium size implementation projects (from an end-to-end perspective), collaborate with different stakeholders (product management, operational teams, external suppliers, and IT & network colleagues).
- Involved in and coordinating activities related to design, implementation, testing and rollout of technical platforms and Operational Support Systems.
- Generate methods and procedures and technical documents regarding technical solution and evolution (architecture, impact analysis) to be used by different operational teams.
- Participate in the implementation of technical solutions in collaboration with operational teams.
- In depth understanding of network switching and routing as related to a Unified Communications and Voice Over IP network
- Working knowledge on SIP-trunking implementations
- Strong technical knowledge in the following protocols: SIP, ENUM, INAP and HTTP
- Knowledge of Unified Communications and Voice Over IP in secure computing environments (designing secure APIs, SSL/TLS, etc)
- Unix/Linux knowledge
- Good analytical skills, and ability to use tools like Wireshark, Splunk, and other means for analytic root cause analysis
Following skills are a plus:
- Experience in the (international) Wholesale Telecom Business.
- Working knowledge on Metaswitch Perimeta SBC, Ribbon SBC (SBC5K and SWe) and Softswitch, NetNumber TITAN
- Working knowledge on LRF (Location Retrieval Function) implementations for emergency call handling
- Working knowledge on FreeSWITCH Application Server
- Experience with multiplatform unified communications, collaboration, cloud telephony service Knowledge on API technologies
- Knowledge on SIP Registrar/Authentication mechanisms
- Knowledge on VoLTE
- Familiar with STIR/SHAKEN concepts
- Knowledge on BYOC (Bring Your Own Carrier), PSTN and call centre concepts
- Expertise with unified communication and collaboration platforms (eg MS Teams)
- Good understanding of telephony concepts (eg PBX, circuits, dial plans, routing)