Pharmacy Technician - Training Available
Posted on May 5, 2022 by Remedi SeniorCare
Pharmacy Technician is responsible for the daily operation of the Paxit automated Packaging and Dispensing equipment, the fulfillment of Bulk Prescriptions and the Staging of all finished items for shipment to our customers. This position will also function with and assist any other area in the facility as needed with regards to pharmacy operations.
- Responsible for processing new patient prescriptions, preparation, dispensing, monitoring of medications.
- Works in conjunction with other LTC departments ensuring achieving daily volume, quality and service goals.
- Provides assistance in the development, deployment and management of company and customer supported initiatives.
- Assists with ensuring safety practices and procedures are adhered to and practiced.
- Enforces all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Complies with all applicable state and federal regulations related to pharmacy practices.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Current National/State Pharmacy Certification
- Basic computer knowledge skills required, must have basic understanding of medical terminology, math and analytical skills.
- Minimum of one (1) year working as a pharmacy technician in a Long-Term Care pharmacy, hospital, or other health care pharmacy preferred.