Senior Cisco Network Engineer
Posted on May 5, 2022 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Senior Network Engineer
Hybrid - 3 days on and 2 days remote
Looking for a Lead/Senior Network Engineer. 24/7 on-call rotation - Lan switching routing CISCO Nexus 2,5,6, ( Nexus 9 ) is a plus. ASR 1000 Wireless Lan Wan Internet MPLS Wan Optimization Riverbed Firewalls Juniper VPN CISCO IOS EIGRP BGP BFD F5 LTM GTM APM ASM Combination of engineering and operational support.
The Senior Network Operations Engineer role provides 24x7 support and operational availability of Kirkland's firm wide network infrastructure. Responsibilities include the implementation of new network technologies as well as day-to-day operations and change management of all deployed network technologies. In addition, the senior engineer is responsible for developing standardized methods for infrastructure implementations as well as configuration standardization reporting and remediation. Minimum five years of experience in a similar role is required. Bachelor degree in computer science preferred. Network and security certifications such as Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCNA Security, and others are a plus.
- Provides routine Level 3 support. Investigates operational or systematic problems and provides resolution using routine analytical skills and tools as necessary.
- Demonstrates routine technical skills.
- Coordinates peer engineers.
- Able to execute routine production maturity plans.
- Able to execute routine capacity and performance plans.
- Knowledge of current LAN and WAN networking standard protocols.
- Expertise in the maintenance techniques required for IP Networks and Cisco hardware and software.
- Expertise utilizing and configuring network monitoring and configuration tools such as Solarwinds NPM/NCM, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Riverbed SCC, Cisco Security Manager, McAfee Network Security Manager, Cisco Firepower Manager, and Cisco ISE Administration.
- Knowledge of and experience with network standards/best practices in the implementation of new offices.
- Expertise with controller based wireless network standards and best practices, and the ability to monitor and troubleshoot these networks.
- Basic Scripting techniques and the ability to automate processes to implement and manage the network environment effectively.
- Experience with support and implementation of SSL and IPsec VPN remote access.
- Ability to manage structured wiring, both copper and fiber optic.
- Experience with WAN optimization technologies.
- Understand network security best practices.
- Ability to work effectively with external vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively with telecommunication carriers.
- Experience with network protocol analysis using tools such as wireshark.
- Experience with syslog, netflow, and other tools to monitor network performance.
- Cisco routing, switching, and wireless.
- EIGRP, BGP, BFD, HSRP, VSS, VPC, RSTP
- Cisco IOS, NxOS, RiOS, GETVPN
- Juniper Networks VPN/Firewall
- NetApp storage integration
- Solarwinds/Orion alerting, monitoring, and reporting
- Riverbed NetShark, Steel Central NetProfiler
- Riverbed WAN acceleration
- Cisco ASA VPN/Firewall, Cisco Firepower, Cisco Security Manager, Cisco Firepower Management
- Cisco Umbrella
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN, Site to Site VPN
- McAfee IPS, Network Security Manager
- F5 LTM, GTM, APM, ASM
- Cisco wireless LAN controllers/Access points
- Raritan console Switches
- Cisco Identity Services Engine/802.1x/NAC