Technology Product Manager
Posted on May 4, 2022 by SAGE Publishing
To be responsible for the management and development of key technology products, platforms, and services at SAGE. Oversee market research and end-to-end lifecycle of the product including scoping through to launch, maintenance, and enhancement. Develop strategies for growth of the product and inform prioritization, scheduling, and budgeting through research, reporting and analysis, ensuring alignment with SAGE's overall strategy and mission. Collaborate with executive sponsors and Technology leadership and play a key role in internal technical delivery teams to define and execute on a clear roadmap for the product. To be an ambassador for the product with a passion for technology and product management.
The key accountabilities for this role are to:
- Contribute to the strategic vision and growth of the area of work. Connecting current delivery needs with the long-term goals of the future state desired by SAGE users, customers, and vendors.
- Responsible for day-to-day and strategic view for associated applications, systems, platforms and services and their development and maintenance.
- Conduct market, user, and product research. Understand the user impact of changes, generate the product roadmap determining specifications, timetables, and introduce time-integrated, system dependent plans.
- Guide related systems development and workflow and development process so that they best suit the market's needs.
- Build and maintain key relationships with business stakeholders to ensure a clear understanding of the product needs and priorities acting as an escalation and conflict management point with stakeholders. Attend and participate in business unit strategy meetings.
- Develop and maintain key working relationships with internal stakeholders which include technical teams, Product Managers, and architects to maintain and develop strong system and product functionality.
- Lead on major initiatives relating to the area of work.
- Identify risks and propose solutions to issues with vendor management, resources, and major projects.
- Make compelling cases and solid business recommendations shaping product priorities and budget requests.
- Help evolve the best practice product management techniques and processes amongst the team and continually work to improve on efficiencies and competencies, ensuring feedback is collected from internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for communicating and educating relevant internal and external stakeholders for products and project. Leverage your technical knowledge to write, produce and present technical articles, videos, and presentations and be an active member of the user community.
- Anticipate SAGE's needs, challenge the business, and identify opportunities to innovate, getting the most out of our applications, services, and products.
- Where required, fulfil the responsibility of Product Owner, prioritize a product backlog, and execute initiatives that create and deploy new features, products, and functionality.
- Uphold security and privacy standard practices and ensure that security is embedded in each activity.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Significant Product Management experience.
- Experience defining profit & loss statements, product / system budgets and recommending investment needs based on vision and growth strategy.
- Experience developing, leading, and owning product(s) roadmaps, developing products through cross-functional teams.
- Experience in agile/scrum software product development, working with a distributed team.
- Demonstrated continual professional education in product management, product ownership or equivalent delivery management certification.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills at all levels of the organisation, influencing by persuasion and influence rather than authority in pressurised situations without direct guidance.
- Excellent organisational, project management, planning, and time management skills.
- Great communicator, comfortable talking to people both 1-1 and in front of a group.
- Commercially focused, driven to help achieve company objectives.
- Experience in creating product specifications, including capturing requirements, writing user stories and wireframing technology.
- Proactive and able to Lead efforts to define new processes, incorporating feedback from stakeholders and external learning.
- Data analytics experience with the ability to interpret data to inform business decisions.
This job description is not contractual. To perform this role successfully, you must be able to perform each of the key accountabilities satisfactorily. To meet changes in business operational, procedural or technical requirements SAGE may add, remove or amend/change the accountabilities for this role and you should be aware that this job description is not exhaustive and you may be asked to undertake reasonable tasks and activities outside those for which you are primarily employed.
SAGE UK is committed to Diversity and Inclusion and is an equal opportunities employer. We value individuality and therefore welcome all qualified applications from a diverse range of candidates.